1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA President

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by C Prince, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Did the masses elect a new President of the ATA?

C Prince

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That's funny right there.................<`(()>-<

LMAO

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The masses can vote for the Delegate of their State or Province at the State Shoot. The State Delegates form the BOD of the ATA and they can choose the ATA Zone Vice President for their Zone. The ATA Zone Vice Presidents are in a rotation for who will be the ATA President for a one year term.

4. porky

porky TS Member

What you meant to say was that they were in a rotation to get their combo set.

5. missed some

missed some TS Member

not all chose combo's. and the gun thing has been goin on for years and years. i still wouldn't do it, let the rock throwing begin.But if you want that free gun, get in the rotation, and i am sure you will undoubtadly find, there is no such thing as free. mark crist

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LMAO at the "free gun" comment, too...

I shoot regularly with a past president...no need to name names, anyone that knows me knows who it is....and while I was president of the Alaska Association, we discussed it a couple of times.

If you value your time at a nickel an hour...by the time you figure in your State Delegate time, state BOD time, running the shoots - shootoffs, cashiering, etc etc etc etc etc, then 6 years on the EC, then a year as President, that combo set is probably paid for....maybe a couple times over.

That said, I'll put myself out there...I wouldn't mind being on the EC and ultimately President.

I was president in Alaska for 4 years, and I think I did a pretty damn good job (and I had a great BOD helping me) - we increased target count by damn near 50% at the state shoot in the 4 years. And we did that with $4 gas, $50 shot and a bad economy. There was a lot of out of state folks that came and shot with us...they'll say (I hope) that we ran a first class shoot.

I think I'm a reasonable man on most issues.

And I'm not doing for the combo...I have one already. I just happen to think shooting trap is a helluva lot of fun, and you can't just bitch all day long...you have to give back.

Flame away...or vote me in.

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska President (06-10)

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Back to the question. Who's president elect? Does the past president serve a full term because the term he just finished was a partial term due to a death?

Any info?

Thanks

Bob

8. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Jeff Wagner. This year is his regular term. Hoosier

9. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I'll vote for ya Jeff.

BTW

Thursday afternoon,4:00 PM,I'll be there if you want to shoot.

10. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Any chance you will run for US President. I know one that sure as hell needs to be
    replaced.LOL Ken U

11. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

If you think its easy just volunteer every month for a shoot at your local ATA trapshoot.Also order trophys that everyone or a few people are happy with !!!
    Jeff said it very well.

ATA President for Alaska
    Ben Olsen

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

How many of you guys would be willing to go to the Grand on your own dime and spend all 10 days behind a desk instead of shooting with your friends? Now throw in all the rest of the stuff they have to do, the meetings, the time, the gas, and listening to constant moaning and groaning from members.

My hat's off to them. Registered shooting wouldn't exist without them, and I appreciate what they do.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Jeff Wagner at the Grand last week. He's one of the most sincere and knowledgable men to ramrod ATA I've met! The Blue/Gray shoot out was his to pull off and it was spectacular from the first shot to last!! Ricky Marshall crushed the first flash target with a huge ball of orange smoke and the crowd went wild!! The excitement was high through the last shot for the shooters and the onlookers!!!

To the shooters that declined the invite to participate, shame on you guys!(*)s Whats wrong with givin a tad back? To those that did, thanks for the great show to all of you!

Great job Jeff!!

Gene Hapney(Vail,AZ)

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

One of our Aguste Past Presidents started on the path when he volunteered to help the handicap committee at the Grand. The committee had the only air conditioned room on the grounds and he had found it.

He went on to serve the ATA in several positions for over 40 years, is honored to be in the HOF and is still amongst us.

A good volunteer has a great future in the ATA.

(You can guess who's Big Heap and who's Bus.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.