1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA President Position Voted By Members

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I suggest that the President of the ATA to be decided by Election and for a period of 4 years, voting by ATA Members w/3 or more years of ATA Membership
    The reason for the 3 years is for new shooters have a learning expierence on how the ATA runs.

Only Life Members over the age of 21 may hold office of President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Over 18 yrs of age for BOD Positions and be a life member..

The ATA President term coincides with the USA Presidential Election Year voting to be done at the STATE SHOOTS to get to be selected Prospective Candidates must submit an Official Petetion saying this person is running for ATA President

The person with the next higer votes is Vice President.

State Deleagates may hold office for 2 years and must be a Life Member and elected at the State Shoot. Each state to have 2 delagates and a delegate is elected each year at state shoot and must submit a petition for the position
    signed by at least 100 State ATA members of his home state.

The President, Vice-President, and BOD bonded for $1,000,000 One Million dollars each and be bondable and paid for by the ATA.

The Treasurer is elected at the same time as president. And must be a Certified Accountant in a State to hold the position of Treasurer, be a life member over 21 yrs of age and Bondable for $2,000,000 Million Dollars paid for by ATA.

Or for the BOD Position elected for 4 year term on starting every 2 years so their is a standing BOD on a rotation basis. I suggest their be 8 Members on the BOD.2 members are elected every 2 years as each members 4 year term expires.

All candidates must be a Life Member w/5 or more years to be elected to office
    and has shot more than 10,000 registered targets in all disciplines Singles, Handicap, and Doubles at time of election.

All voters must be ATA Members with 3 or more years membership to vote for any position.

Election to be in the year 2016 for first election and time for all prospective candidates to get Petetions signed.

Presidential petetions must have 500 signatures with members Name, ATA Number, and state of residence.

Treasurer and BOD petetions must have 100 members signatures with members Name,
    ATA number, and state of residence.

This a simple draft and needs some tweaking and a simple vote of YES or NO
    to get it started by ATA members of record as of 2012 or later.

Please VOTE YES or NO

Gary Bryant
    ATA Life member 40-10126

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Longtooter, how about one vote for every registered target that the member has shot in that target year? That would take you & most of the loudest whiners completely out of the process........how about that?

3. Dr.Longshot

no it wouldn't HaHa

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Hunter -

If the election was held this target year, Longshot would get 0 votes.

Sure a lot of ideas for a guy who has contributed exactly $0 to the ATA treasury this target year.

Scott

5. Dr.Longshot

I presently have a 92% average for this year, you need to wait for shooter info to update

Gary Bryant

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

How many votes would you get?

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Scott, I'm sure that would be the case with most of the loudest whiners, don't register any ATA targets but bitch & moan at any opportunity. I consider myself a very average ATA shooter who doesn't travel to a lot of big shoots but I will average 4000 - 5000 registered targets per year.......unlike the whiners, I actually participate.

8. Dr.Longshot

I am not a whiner and I still participate but not as much as I would like.

But a change is needed in the ATA Organization, new blood, young blood is needed and an organization that listens to it's active members.

I want to give this opportunity to the younger generation.

Gary Bryant

9. running bear

running bear Member

Another lame brain idea from Longshot! Off his meds again?

Buck

10. Dr.Longshot

Just answer the Damn question

Gary

11. TjayE

TjayE Member

Dr.Longshot has registered 108,600 lifetime targets with the ATA.

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

But not many of those were registered in this century, TjayE!

None at all in this target year, 2013, which is almost over.

1200 in target year 2012. 1000 in 2011, 875 in 2010, 800 in 2009....

His plan might be great. But, it's hard to take seriously a plan from an "outsider," and he, at least for the last several (many?) years has been an outsider. Not shooting registered targets, not scoring or otherwise helping with Registered Shoots, not participating much, if any, at all.

And, it's especially hard to consider, seriously, a plan from an outsider who never misses a chance to bash the current EC, BOD, sissy targets, wrong shells, etc. I have to wonder if this is just another effort at self-promoting DLS?

And, exactly what does his plan do? What wrong does it remedy? How does it promote more trap shooting, bring in more shooters, solve the ATA's problems (whatever they may be or if there are any)?

Bob

13. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Rick;

Best post I've seen in a long time. You also owe me a new keyboard. lol

Ken

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Déjà vu

15. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

way too many issues in your post to only have a yes or no question. By the way, what is the question exactly?

16. Dr.Longshot

We need an ATA president in longer, and only by vote instead of getting in line and getting the job, and a change no BOD only Executive committee that changes people on a bi-yearly basis, keeps fresh young blood in and people that will listen to the shooters.

It is not about me I am too old now, all you chronic bitchers use your real name so shooters can jump on you personally at the gun clubs.

They come up to me and thank me and glad to meet me.

How many of you can say that,

Just look at how many read my posts,

I am for Lady 2 needed that for a long time.

Do away with the 18-19 yard line, that is no Hdcp.

Come and shoot some buddy shoots with me and the guys.

Gary Bryant

17. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot, the only reason guys read your post is to see what stupid thing you are going to say today!

Buck

18. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Quick!!!!

Call the king their village lost it's Idiot

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

He seems perfectly normal to me. HMB

20. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I am guessing he is a member and has made a suggestion and ask a question.
    I would vote NO but only because of the 3 year provision for voting rights. The remainder of his suggestions are worthy of consideration if only from the standpoint of continuity of direction and policy... Larry