1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA pet membership?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What's up with that? i wonder if my cat AUTO deserves one. What do you think? lol

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I don't know about your cat but there are a few jackasses already signed up .

3. middletownbagger

middletownbagger TS Member

This is the dumbest thing the ATA has done since it hired Carson Woods as Marketing Director.

4. smsnyder

Mr. Ed, the talking horse is now an ATA member? He said where is the grass at sparta? lol

5. smsnyder

how about a PET Rock?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

The expected life span of most of our pest is much less than our life span. Wouldn't it be reasonable for the AT to offer a reduced life membership cost for them?

Pat Ireland

7. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I thought this thread was a joke, but I went to the ATA site and its for real.

What are the special privileges? Taking a dump on the 27 yard line without having to clean it up?

You have got to be kidding.

Jim C

8. atashooter

atashooter Member

Rules Update for Pet shooters;

Rule 1: A: No pet shooter may lick theirself while on the firing line.

B: At no time will it be acceptable for competitors to sniff each other's butts.

C: No urinating on Canterberry mic stands.

D: Open or out specifically refers to your weapon and not your D!#K.

E: No chasing of targets allowed.

F: Pets that are signed up for Handicap status will be euthanized.

See, this is what happens when you screw up and send the AKA application to the ATA....

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't want a pet membership, then don't apply for one.

I suspect that there are a lot of shooters that travel to shoots with their pet that think this would be a fun thing to do, and it gives a couple of bucks to the ATA in the process. I know if I told my wife about it, she would probably want one for our dog.

I bet some of the naysayers may be worried about a entirely new class of ATA member that they can't beat in a shoot-off.

Scott

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I agree with Scott, Whats the big deal!! To some people pets are their kids after the people kids left home.

Who knows Leona's dog might leave 12M to the ATA when it dies. LOL

Bill

11. smsnyder

ata shooter, now that funny . the people in the ata office got to be laughing about this thread.

12. atashooter

atashooter Member

Privileges include:

1 - You will be allowed to crap on the front lawn of the club of your choice. Not around back, like the commoner dogs.

2 - You will be allowed to drag your butt across the clubhouse carpet.

3 - You will be allowed to Air Hump the high end shotguns in the rack, instead of the cheap ones.

4 - At major ATA shoots, you will be assigned an official to wipe access slober from your chops.

13. smsnyder

anyone have that picture of the west virgina dog with buck teeth who is now an ata member? lol

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

ATA site says I can pay with PayPal?

wonder if PayPal knows that the ATA is a gun based org.?? Being part of Ebay the horribly dangerous gun is involved, and actualy used on a daily basis. I think the ATA is in danger of being pulled like the rest of the gun parts. LOL

Rock

Jim

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Another rule: " If the pet's average is higher than the human's, the pet is required to clean up after the human has taken a dump." After reviewing my last 1000 targets it sure looks like I have taken a dump!!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

16. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

Can a pet with a life membership run for delegate?

Can a pet with a membership *vote* in a delegate's election?

17. smsnyder

you guys are killing me. i am still laughing.

18. guncase

guncase TS Member

Pets at a trapshoot should be forbidden!! There are people who are allergic to pet hair, I am allergic to dog AND cat shit on my shoes!! Either leave them home or in the motorhome! I dont want them pi$$ing on my things.

19. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

gunsmoke100

That won't work I know a few trap shooters that do that.

Rock

Jim

20. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

ATA Pet Memberships Now Available!
    Don’t miss this opportunity to give your beloved pet an ATA Pet Membership. You can also purchase a Pet Membership for one of your friends or one of your pet’s friends! ATA Pet Memberships are tax deductible and can be purchased as life or annual memberships. Each pet will receive special privileges no matter which level of membership you choose. The monies raised through pet memberships will be placed into one of three non-profit ATA funds: Youth and Education Fund, Gun Club Fund or the General Fund. All of these funds will help our sport and Association grow and prosper. Plus your pet will gain “pet member rights” and will be the envy of all other animals, whether at a park, hunting preserve or your favorite ATA event! Don’t miss out and get your best friend membership rights to your favorite sports organization and help support the future of trapshooting! For more information regarding any of the ATA Funds view the brochure!

CLICK HERE to download the mail in order form

CLICK HERE to order online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.