1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Paper Card for Dixie and Southern Grands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pipe Layer, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

ATA Shooters unless I get different information, if you plan on attending either the Dixie or the Southern Grand. Please have your current paper card as stated in the rule book for classification.Please do not depend on the ATA web site to be current or for us to use it to determine your yardage.

As I have said on here before the ATA site is not always current at classification time. Also it will take the ATA office weeks to imput the reductions and then they have to go thru the Delegates and CHC for approval. Pleased be patient!

I keep hearing everyone saying they have yardage off because it says so on the ATA site.IT is NOT so until you have a paper card or you have direct approval from a CHC member or your Delegate.

Hope this answers some questions and stops some of the guessing.Please don't take me wrong, if you forget your paper card we are not going turn you away, we will fiqure it out. I was put in this job to work for the shooters and I will accomodate you any way I can.

Thank you,

Terry Dean

CHC Southern Zone

2. Pipe Layer

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Pa shooters No probem. Our delegate Frank Pascoe will be at the Dixie Grand.

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Why would anybody shoot handicap at their old yardage when they know they will soon be reduced 2 yards? You may be competing with shooters who have been reduced just because their Delegate was at the shoot. If you shoot well you get the earned yards PLUS you loose your 2 yard reduction. If they shot well they just get the earned punch from their new yardage. YOU CAN'T WIN! Even if you win you loose. The only fair and reasonable thing to do is let everybody shoot at their new reduced yardage. If you don't you will kill attendance at handicap events. I will be at the Pin Shoot in Tucson in two weeks. I won't shoot any handicap if I am handicapped at my old yardage.

jim brown

5. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

With all due respect Jim, what will kill attendance at handicap events will be the attitude of "I won't shoot any handicap if I am handicapped at my old yardage."

If you qualified for and eventually receive the reduction I wish you good luck at your new yardage. However, if you earn a punch before the reduction arrives then you probably didn't really need it, did you?

If you have to win to have fun you're in the wrong game. Let's just turn money into noise and quit worrying about it.

Len in PHoenix

6. over/under

over/under Member

Jim Brown, Excellent point. I guess you better hope your delegate is there. Maybe I'll be surprised and get a new paper card.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Simple solution - NOBODY shoots new yardage until new cards are mailed. No whining to your delegate for special consideration.

This reduction is not a "earned right" it is a gift but the greedy want it "NOW".

EC you created the problem now fix it. Nobody gets it until everybody gets it.

Don

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Why not just reduce everyone 2 yards that shows up with their card? Wasn't that the intent of this "gift"?

9. Pipe Layer

I never made these new rules and am only a messenger.They are hoping to have them all done but May not.I am really starting to see where a lot of peoples hearts are. I assumed most people shot because they love to shoot and I feel that most of the folks go to the Dixie to enjoy the shooting. I do understand that everyone should be on the same playing field and we will try our best to do that.

I am starting to see now why most ATA officals do not post to this site.All I did was put a simple note on here to help folks get thru the Classification line.Good Lord!!

TD

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Should have taken the reduction you have been offered for the last 20 years. What's the big deal now.

11. geeber

geeber Member

In the last couple of years I have had three 1000 target reviews and went from the 24 to the 21. The last time I shot I got a 1/2 yard punch so I don't feel it would be right to move up 2 yards since I seem to be improving. At least I can feel like I earned my score. I'm not knocking anyone taking the reduction, I'm only expressing how I feel about myself.

Gary B.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Personally, I hope the delegates en mass deny any reductions that fall outside the current rules. Thus showing solidarity on who runs the organization...

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

We just went through this at yesterdays derby. The solution is simple, Shoot what your current card says.

Oh wait a minute, isn't that what the rule book says. lol

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The ATA cannot be discriminatory on the 2 yard reduction for some and not others, if that happens all hell will break loose.

What is fair for one is fair for all, as it should be.

What do you guys think?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Gary, Are you saying that everyone who is a member should get a 2 yd. reduction?

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I got punched twice in the last year and I don't intend to give them up, I earned them and I want them, They're mine. Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.