1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Overview

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauser, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauser

Hauser Member

I was looking at the ATA web-site specifically the section titled "Overview of the ATA" and found the following statement;

"During the 1998 target year, 54,208 ATA members participated in one or more of the 6,275 registered tournaments contested throughout North America. In total, 82,480,480 registered clay targets were thrown by over 1,200 gun clubs".

The number seems a little high by 20K.

Jerry Hauser

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I was also under the impression that we had about 35,000 active members. I hope both you and I are wrong.

Pat Ireland

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jerry,

I think your numbers are right, the numbers on the site is the way the ATA promotes trapshooting ... I'd bet more members never gave it a second thought as opposed to those that did ... Won't be long and someone will come along saying you are bashing the ATA for posting this, even though you are right ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

When I run queries on the 1998 data I see 54,208 PAID members, but only 33,422 actually shot targets that year. Ray Brasser

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I know of two pistol shooters that joined so they could get discounted insurance from SIAI. Said they spent $20 and saved $130.

6. rustygun

rustygun Member

I was wondering how many life members no longer shoot, I know of four who haven't shot since the 80's.
    they still show on the website, and I guess they don't have a way to separate active from non-active . It would be interesting to know what percentage of life memberships no longer shoot. The ones I know are people in their 50's and 60's that just stopped, no issues with health or money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.