1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Oregon State results?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in how the shoot went as well. How many squads? Did everything run smoothly? Medford is a great club and is usually run very well with no hangups.

2. DeVille

DeVille Member

Handicap champ was Matt Loper with a 96 with 94,s next high. pre. Doubles was Gary Fogelson over John Adams with 98,s and Championship doubles, Dave Carter over Rich Shrode with 98,s. State Singles was Rich Shrode with the only 200 fallowed by Dex Tourville and John Adams with 199,s. Out of state Doubles was Gary Bonetti with a 99 and One of the preliminary handicaps was won by Rodney Dale with a 97. This all off the top of my head. John Adams will probably post all of the scores later on. Hope this helps.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Randy, I visited on the rainy Saturday. The shoot was well run on 8 traps, numbers were up to 80 some odd shooters, scores were good, Thurs and Friday were good weather but it did rain Saturday. I'd say it was a typical Medford great shoot. Picked up several CA shooters but I didn't see a lot of the far east or WA shooters. I understand bidding for next year included Madras which plans considerable improvements and one of the far east clubs at Walla Walla again. There was considerable talk of breaking free of the April timing of the shoot and the desire that the shoot be held in Oregon....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I agree, Randy, although it might discourage some Californios while encouraging more of the far east Oreganos and E. Washingtonians. The key will be the ability of Madras to build on their already nice facility. I'm a distant member of the club and would encourage their bid. A date later in the year is also important...Bob Dodd

5. jennylin

jennylin Member

Guys,

The KEY is getting more Oregon ATA Shooters and not relying on out of state shooters to make a great State Shoot!

Talk to your friends. Encourage them to join ATA and start shooting some Big 50's at their clubs. Dexter Tourville is a shinig example of how well this has worked for Medford. He has signed up more new ATA shooters than any other club in Oregon over the last year or so.

What it is that seems to keep PITA and ATA shooters apart here in Oregon is beyond me. Newsflash...the targets are the same! With the exception of a few very small details, the events are the same too.

Jen

p.s. Congratulations to DAVE CARTER (who also has the good fortune of being my husband) on being the 2007 Oregon State Doubles Champion!!!

6. jennylin

jennylin Member

p.s.s.

Medford ran a great shoot! No problems at all and I hope they decide to put in a bid for future shoots. I think it would be great if the Oregon ATA could get into a regular rotation with clubs that are capable of hosting the state shoot.

Jen

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hey Jen, I have the mis-fortune to have witnessed the PITA vs ATA mentality for 34 years, just a couple more than you...;-). Where I got started, there were equal numbers of ATA and PITA shoots at the same clubs within a 100 miles radius. Even then there were those that wouldn't shoot PITA and had nothing good to say about the association and those that wouldn't shoot ATA birds with the same complaints.

I think this all began in the mid-30s when some fellers felt the west simply wasn't being listened to in the ATA structure and started the PITA in the Wyoming/Montana/and further west and it's had it's own ups and downs over the years. When I got started, I could see no reason to favor one over the other and became a life member of both associations to increase my potential enjoyment.

Through the 80s, I shot in far Northern CA where only PITA birds were thrown and even later moved to Western OR finding the same situation. I plugged often for cross registration or having more ATA presence in recent years so as not to have to travel to the far east part of the state or several states away to post some ATA scores. Still, however, there are those that go into terminal heart arrhythmia just discussing shooting birds from an association other than their favorite. It's basically been my experience that those that are really into the sport generally WOULD shoot more ATA here if it was offered while some die hards will never. I join you in encouraging clubs to shoot birds from both associations and especially want to cheer Madras in bidding on next year's state shoot.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. shrode

shrode TS Member

"Congratulations to dave carter ........on being the 2007 Oregon State Doubles Champion ........"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN ........

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Oh, yeah, congrats to Dave and Sir Shrode didn't do to badly either....Bob Dodd

10. jennylin

jennylin Member

Oh Richard - you kill me. Congratulations to you too...you did win something didn't you?

11. DeVille

DeVille Member

RGunn. I am glad that you brought up Beth Kraft. She followed our squad at the shoot and I had the pleasure to congratulate her on her first 100 straight and told her that they will come a little easier now. Well she took that to hart it seems and run the next singles event, Than I understand that Beth ran the first 99 of the singles championships and missed the dreaded 100th target. What a run for this young lady. She did win the Lady's singles. I will remember this for a while and I am sure that she will remember this the rest of her life. I will have the pleasure of shooting a PITA shoot at Klamath Falls next week end and I bet Beth will be there trying to repeat a job well done. Dex Tourville

12. Rotide

Rotide TS Member

jennylin,
    The Oregon PITA secretary promoting the Oregon ATA State shoot? RJ is going to get testy. I counted five PITA past presidents in attendance, the dawn of a new era? Hope so.
    Gmij

13. jennylin

jennylin Member

I know...it's so scandalous!

So far, I haven't encountered any good reason to NOT promote ATA shoots! No one has complained yet. As long as we're throwing targets at these clubs, we're keeping them alive for any organization to shoot there.

Besides, I'm also the Wife of one Oregon ATA Director and the Daughter of another.

Jen :)

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

jennlin, can you kinda keep me posted on how the elections went since you have the inside track?....do, breakemall....Bob Dodd

15. jennylin

jennylin Member

Bob,

No problem. I know they're in the process of voting right now but we haven't heard the final results yet.

Who knows? Maybe someday we'll have it in Klamath Falls!

Jen ;)

16. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

Bob, Jennifer, and all Oregon Shooters,

The final vote is to host the 2008 State Shoot in Madras. The OSATA will be sending a letter of understanding to Madras in the near future and finalizing the agreement. At this point we are not sure about the actual date for 2008 as there has been discussion of looking for a little later date to host this event. I think most of the directors and shooters are hoping to see a larger shoot with more opportunities for in-state shooters by holding the shoot in a more central location. I am certain the Madras membership will work hard to prepare and host the best shoot they possibly can in 2008.

The voting for delegate and alternate delegate ended with Dexter Tourville as delegate and Daro Handy as alternate delegate. New directors were Jim Smith of The Dalles and re-elected were Rick Skillings of Wallowa, John Duckworth of Wallowa, and Harvey Childers of Echo. Beginning July 1st John Duckworth will be the president and Harvey Childers will be Vice President. Georgene Henson will remain as treasurer (non-board member) and I will become Secretary. I can assure you these folks are already planning and working to make the 2008 state shoot a success.

Once again I would like to thank Medford Gun Club for hosting this year's State Shoot - it was an exceptionally well ran shoot and was enjoyed by all who participated. Medford did an outstanding job!!

Please continue to support all of the clubs by attending the shoots in your area. We need to continue to work to keep our gun clubs strong and trapshooting active in the State. Shooters should be taking advantage of the opportunities to cross-register targets and work to alleviate the polarization between that exists between the organizations (PITA and ATA). The main objective to us as shooters should be to protect our sport and keep it as strong as possible.

Thank you all and best of luck in your shooting this year.

John Adams
    "Lame Duck" OSATA President

17. marcey55

marcey55 TS Member

talked to Beth at our shoot sunday in cottage grove. She was beaming from ear to ear about her 100 in medford sounds like she had a great week. I had the pleasure to sqad with her in roseburg last yr and she dropped her 97 bird and got a 99. Glad to see she made the 100 congrats to Beth!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

oregon state ata shoot results