1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA/NRA Coaches School--Java Village, NY May 9 /10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by krieghoff200, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

Wyoming Valley Rod and Gun is proud to host a ATA/NRA Coaches School on May 9 & 10, 2009. The Cost of the School is $175. For more info click on the link above. Class size is limited so sign up early

Wyoming Valley R & G is located approx. 25 miles southeast of Buffalo, NY...beautiful country this time of the year

Steve White.....krieghoff200@verizon.net or 716/864-0246

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We spent some time at this club last spring doing clinics....great people and a really nice club. Sorry we couldn't get back this year, we will miss the fun...

3. pjh

pjh Member

Steve
    Thanks for putting on this clinic. We could use some more coach's. Event if you dont have a team it is a good experience!
    See you next Saturday My team starts the 300 bird event at 8:30
    Peter Hamann

4. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

Peter...I'm not shooting it, I am supposed to go back to work this week for a shut down at NIMO so i won't be there for the road runner. But i still could use a list of the coaches from last years SCTP so i could email them info about the upcoming coaches school. It is starting to fill up

Steve White.....krieghoff200

5. pjh

pjh Member

Steve I will check my notes and forward you a list.

6. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

Just went through this course in San Antonio, had a great time for the most part. Almost passed out due to the lengthy discussion of how to avoid being sued...which will not help you...good people get sued all the time. After we finally got past that, the course got much better. I understand why we spent so much time on the subject, but I was disappointed that it cut into the meat of actually coaching. That was somewhat made up for with the huge binder of info that comes with course...lots of good stuff in there.

Guess I thought it was going to be more of "how to coach"...do this and do it this way kind of deal. In all fairness, there is a ton of stuff to learn in two days...you can really only graze the surface. Would have liked a lot more time on the range and the chance to work with real new students/shooters...that is tough to arrange! But maybe they could bring some new ATA or AIM shooters...it is not very real when your "students" just smoke every target....heck, they were teaching me about the game and I'm glad they did!!

Still, I'm pumped! Got my lesson planned for next Saturday, some new drills, some new ideas to try out....gotta start somewhere. Frankly, as a skeet shooter I was surprised to find that trap had so much technique...it always looked like 25 bad Low 7 targets to me!

7. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

Class is filling up so it's time to register as soon as possible

8. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

9. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.