1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Northern IL Zone Shoot at St. Charles

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by GrandpasArms, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I went to the St. Charles Sportsman's Club twice this weekend and enjoyed the ATA competition. No, I didn't actually shoot in the matches (practice field only), but I was fascinated by all the activity and the large amount of excellent shooting. I watched a few matches where the shooters completely obliterated every clay - no chips, just black smoke. It occasionally happens to me, but those shooters made it a habit - even at handicap yardage.

I am a member of ATA but have yet to shoot a registered ATA target. Looks like something I would enjoy - if/when my shooting improves. My current scores are paltry and erratic in comparison to what I witnessed. Maybe someday.

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Larry,

Barry Bourdage is doing a great job running the shoots. Come out October 2nd for the next ATA shoot, they are happy to get new shooters and there is a category for everybody. A first time ATA shooter won his yardage group on Sunday.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.