1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Membership

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FloridaTrapper, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Perhaps the ATA should consider offering a one year free trial membership, similar to what the NRA is offering. This could be a step in the right direction to expand our shooting base.

2. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

The NSSA (skeet) does this, and it has pulled in a few new shooters in Lincoln, NE in the last couple of years.

It is only available to shooters who have NEVER shot registered Skeet - not a free pass for those not wanting to pay to "re-up" - which is just fine by me.

John

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

We are talking $20!!!!! If you cannot afford the $20 to join, I doubt that you are gonna lay out $26 plus shells to shoot 100 birds.....

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Although I like the idea of any kind of promotion of our game, I think it would only work with consistent follow-up - just like any promotion. There is a big difference between the membership goals of the NRA and the ATA. The ATA's is making more members that will PAY for the gun clubs products. The NRA is in need of power in numbers to run their lobbying efforts.

I would like to see the ATA help the "seed" clubs, those smaller clubs that throw registered targets, by sharing the cost of a free round of trap during a league shoot.

Remember the first time you shot a clay target? You were hooked! The ones that get hooked are the ones that become lifetime shooters. That's how you make shooters, ATA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.