1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Membership Card Imprinter

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by GunDr, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Our club up here in northern MN, North Star Sportsmens Club, Walker,MN (nssclub.org), is looking for a card imprinter. We've recently started hosting ATA events and the imprinter we have is not designed to print vertically on the slips we all are so familiar with. We currently have to carefully balance the card and slip then pump the sticky handle.

I've looked all over Google and the manual machines available are for laying the slips horizontal (looking down at the machine) and placing the card horizontal. That leaves the impression with our membership cards 90 degrees off.

Speaking with a couple of imprinter dealers, we've determined that the posts that hold the card can be repositioned 90 degrees (a little re-engineering)but, the problem with this is that the rollers are not one full width, but have two rollers with a gap between them. This will leave a gap in the depression.

So the question is....where can I find a quality, manual imprinter that will serve the purpose I want to use it for? Or, is there a club somewhere that no longer uses theirs because of their use of the electronic swipers?

Thanks for your time,

Doug Braker

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Doug give this one a look see I am not sure what if it is exactly the same as we use but it is close.

I had an address and phone number for the company that sold us ours. Of course because someone needs the information I can't seem to locate it. I will make a couple of calls this evening if I get the information I will post it here asap.

BTW check out Ebay they have them from time to time.

Bob Lawless

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Doug:

I was looking recently on eBay... look under "pump handle imprinter" Bartizan is a manufacturer of what you're looking for... it can handle portrait or landscape orientations and up to 8.5x 11 paper

eBay #310203873783 $20 + 12 shipping

regards,

Jay Spitz

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not just any credit card imprinter will work. I tried several our bank got for me but finally had to buy one from the source the ATA recommends. Others just tore up the entry forms.

Actually, if you use a PC to log your entries and print the results, you can buy a small digital credit card scanner that inputs to your PC via a USB terminal. I have one I use for the business - they aren't expensive and work with any card with a magnetic strip.

Ed

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ed how do they do going through the squad tickets to the copy underneath? If they handle the carbon issue it sure would be a help at the classifying/squadding.

Bob Lawless

6. atashooter

atashooter Member

0   0   0

If you can lay yer hands on one they used at old Sears charge card unit, it works great.

7. cle

cle Member

0   0   0

GunDr............

Call or e-mail me. Might be able to help you out.

CLE RECTOR
    630 784-9655

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob, we used the squadding tickets that the ATA provides and all copies were legible. The roller's pressure is adjustable for the number of copies in your form.

Ed

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ed,

I gather you use an imprinter for the squad tickets, and the PC for intial entriesand scores? Or by using the PC, you can also print out the squad tickets?

Doug

10. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I no longer am involved with registered shoots but when I was, I imprinted the tickets and processed the shoot and its results by hand. But my successor brought a PC to the club and uses it. I honestly don't know if he prints squad tickets or uses the ATA's forms snd the imprinter.

Ed

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The imprinter is pretty old school. Using a PC with software like 3S makes the entire process of running a shoot much easier. Since you are starting with registered shooting why not start with the technology that takes the work out if it.

12. Imprinter

Imprinter TS Member

0   0   0

Good morning,

I was reading a series of emails on the following link regarding ATA Membership imprinters. We work with many associations who find the 871 pumphandle imprinter to be the most effective as it has a longer single roll than any of the other variations around.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=212403&Messages=5

If I can offer further information or assistance, let me know.

Thanks!

Chris.

Chris Rawlings

Addressograph Bartizan

1-800-565-0551 x 5170

1-800-528-3692 Fax

www.imprinters.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata membership card

membership card imprinter