1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Members don't Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

No ATA regulations preventing this, but personal integrity might. A club could even impose a penalty for a shooter with an ATA card and no targets.

Pat Ireland

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I've seen "known ability" take precident over ATA yardage. To directly answer your question......No.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

As "Calcuta's" are not part of an ATA program, and are in fact run by the shooters themselves; it would seem they would make the decision as to if you could play the game. I've worked a lot of calcuta boards and the ATA had nothing to do with the money.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Most shoot at 24 yard or more .

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I don't know what's wrong with my spelling........ "Calcutta's"

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Calcuttas are illegal in many states, mine included.

I have never seen a 16 yard calcutta.

So are you complaining that the law is being broken unfairly by sandbaggers?

I don't get your drift.

HM

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

shot410ga- I have noticed on some of my posts that the spelling of words must get altered between hitting the submit button and when the posts appears. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause one of my posts to have a spelling errar.

Pat Ireland

8. Ron23in

Ron23in TS Member

I thought that spelling check was Lits Job .
    The old vet

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He would get "club yardage" after winning a few.

10. monroesc

monroesc Member

Simple solution--minimum target requirement.
    Or you can run the price of that shooter up. Anybody can bid on them.

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

shootsandbagger - It doesn't actually work that way. Generally, a calcutta is going to be held in conjunction with the championship handicap event at a big shoot. Larger shoots tend to give yardage penalties to shooters with insuffient target histories. so those without enough targets will be pushed back a bit for the event. Now - to come up with a handicap score that will get a piece of the action, the shooter will hit a 96 or better. That win will give you an ATA punch and it will be on top of the penalty yardage. So you will only be able to pull this little stunt once. The ATA will not reduce your yardage until you have at least 1,000 targets and an average of less than say 87 or 88.

More to your question is you need to watch out for the folks who just barely have the minimums and shoot from short yardage - like the guy who won the GAH a couple of years ago. He played all the money, ran 'em from short yardage, and hasn't registered a target since.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Some of you need to get out more. There are Calcuttas all over the place and many have nothing to do with a registered ATA shoot. But many use your ATA yardage as to where you would shoot from. Various clubs have various rules to even out the field. There are shooters who carry an ATA card for this purpose only and yes it can get ugly at times. Ask the Games shooters where these shoots are.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.