1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Management Team/Aug.12 & Aug.13

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I felt the ATA made some intellegent moves on Thursday & Friday ,Grand week
    Aug. 12 & 13th . With that storm rolling through, Thursday Afternoon.
    Could have turned out a lot worse.
    Quite a responsibility with all those lives at stake.
    Thankyou

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Joe- No, No, No. You are supposed to only bash the EC on this site even when they make the right call. If the EC had planned the shoot right, there would not have been a storm. A handful of anonymous posters on this site should run the ATA, not the elected EC.

Pat Ireland

3. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Sparta sucks, it always rains

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Pat,

Just who elects the EC?

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Joe, while I certainly agree with you and appreciate your comment, I also have to admit we've all become "Wussies" as Dr. Longshot would say. The three-hole MEN used to stand out there an' DARE lightning to hit them. Even them prissy Armani-clad golfers show more guts than we do and have the death-toll to prove it. Heck, it ought to be a rule!

Neil

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

birdogs- We elect the delegates. The delegates elect the EC members. It is a typical representative type of government.

Pat Ireland

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Like Lee TreviƱo said: 'Hold a 1-iron straight up ... even God can't hit a 1-iron.'

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Pat Ireland if that is true why didn,t the Delagate ask the question that his states members ask him to ask at thye meeting Thursday Night that was presented to him at the BREAK ?

They then asked him why he did not ask and he shunned them.

I had a suggested rule change and Gary Sherrod said it waqs defeated 52-2 and it was not even brought up for a vote!!!!

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. bas

bas Member

Dr. Longshot...as has been posted many, many times...the individual Zones, which comprise all of the delegates from that Zone, have meetings prior to the Thursday meeting...most issues, and most rules changes are voted on during these meetings...not during the Annual BOD meeting on Thursday. At the annual meeting, how the Zones voted is officially recorded. So, the rule you are referring to that was defeated 52-2, was probably a result of the voting done during the Zone meetings.

I do not know in which Zone you reside, but if you ask your State Delegate how he voted and how the Zone voted...you can take it up with them if you are not pleased with the results.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary- Why would you ask me why your delegate did not bring up certain questions? You should ask your delegate.

Pat Ireland

11. porky

porky TS Member

This is a Pro-EC thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.