1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA lack of shoot results & related info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bforte, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bforte

Bforte TS Member

I just E-mail them today asking the same question. I don't know who is in charge but I can install a complete MRP system in a month.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I thought one of the reasons Neil gave for the ATA not moving there office/museum/headquarters to Sparta was because of the well trained office staff they have in Ohio. Well trained is a good thing but well trained and 5 months behind is another.

I bet the blame will fall upon the various clubs and such for not turning in scores and such in a timely manner.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

In my estimation, having been somewhat involved (Delegate & now Alt.) it all boils down to the lack of proper management at the office level.

The personnel that I have had contact with in the past years' have always been courteous and helpful. However, they are only the workers with no clear plan for the future. It has been apparent to many that the present system does not work well. The EC has visions of granduer for a Executive Director and as the "director" will be working without direct supervision, our system will remain stagnant. The last two have been management failures!

The current ATA office needs a total redo, top to bottom and it's not going to be done properly with only a volunteer management (the EC) spread across the U.S. with sporadic meetings.

Curt - Delaware

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

I like the way you put that Curt, to the point and from a person with recent inside experience to the situations.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I seriously doubt that (all) the blame falls on the individual clubs not reporting (registered) shoot results. It is the club's responsibility to timely file the results with the ATA within 8 days. If they fail to do so the result is a $25 fine. I know this for a fact as I personally paid the fine as a result of my not getting the paperwork into the mail on time. A club wouldn't be able to function, in my opinion, as an ATA affiliated club (being able to throw ATA registered targets) if they owed monies to the ATA. JMHO

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Local club holds a registered ATA event ... yes it is a local club holding a shoot but it is an ATA event and thus the scores need to be registered with the ATA so they can keep track of your personal averages, ratings and overall standings.

7. JRW

JRW Member

trap-shooter; What is it you do not understand? The ATA started this web site ti inform us of information. All the shooters want is for the ATA to post info that they told us would be on the web site. I myself have not had my scores or total targets for this year updated for several months. Jerry

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

trap-shooter ... Like I said but you obviously might have missed ... yes it is a local club holding a shoot but it is an ATA event and thus the scores need to be registered with the ATA so they can keep track of your personal averages, ratings and overall standings ... nothing said about the ATA posting or keeping track of any local, state or major shoot results but just ATA scores.

Only a confused individual would think the ATA would keep track of a local club score ... that would be like asking NASCAR to keep track of a local dirt track bragging right events.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

We have been told for some that the new system will be operative soon. I am waiting.

Pat Ireland

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Not fussing but December 2006 is my last ATA site update. In all fairness March is when I starting shooting 2007 (calender year) reg. birds. We all should keep our own up to date info on birds, averages etc. All American points (of which I know nothing about) I would think would be a whole different matter.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

that aboy flagarto, tell em like it is. but then on the other hand, isnt da ata pissen off good money on poor technology, and labor force???

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont think the ATA cares about pissen off good money. I think it was Neil who said they have over $2.1mil in the bank along with other investments ... so what is a few pee'd away dollars going to matter to them now?

13. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

flagarto i understand what you are saying, but on the other hand, ither offer a top notch service, or do not offer any service at all, there is no imbetween.

14. CIM

CIM TS Member

As the Delegate in my state this has been a problem on and off for many years.I get complaints about it at all the clubs I shoot at.They call me and even email about scores and AA Points.This is a problem and does need to be fixed asap.

This goes back at least 5 years or more off an on.Just one of several problems that need to be adressed.

CIM

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The ATA has priorities, you and your scores are obviously not one of them. HMB

16. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I have read on many occasion about the ATA updating its system. Although I do not know what the real problem is I will take the liberty to state. There are numerous individuals and/or companies that given the proper authority could install a system that would keep record keeping up to date. And it could be done in a few days. Not months. I have stated this many times. Out system of management is flawed. We need to hire a competent director and then the ATA EC should step aside and only enter the picture when there are major decisions to be determined. And those after the director and his/her staff have requested such action. Not to criticize out current EC members but there simply is no way a organization can function properly with 3 or 4 meeting and a few conference calls per year. And then when it seems they spend a great deal of the precious time reviewing complaints. Time to hand this to the handicap committee or some other group. Time to update to the 21st century. -
    Jim

17. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

technology hasnt quit developed yet to handle the task at hand and at a speed that you all are wanting, maybe in 20-30 yrs from not, technology will be available that could keep the types of data you all are asking for.
    jesus h christ, its only neen what, 37 yrs or so since we put a man on the moon??

18. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

technology hasnt quit developed yet to handle the task at hand and at a speed that you all are wanting, maybe in 20-30 yrs from not, technology will be available that could keep the types of data you all are asking for.
    jesus h christ, its only neen what, 37 yrs or so since we put a man on the moon??

19. Joe P.

Joe P. TS Member

One thing that might make it a bit easier to keep up with the flow of scores and shoots would be to provide a template to use to electronically report scores from shoots . I use a similar system for handling the scores for our eight team (four shoots each Thursday evening with up to ~300 shooters in the league) and it allows me to have all the results posted on the league's web site by Friday noon (and if the four reports are e-mailed right after the shoot, they may even be posted that same Thursday evening).

I use an Excel spreadsheet to get the reports. Excel is fairly common and all that needs to be entered are the scores (2 x 25s) and the shooters name. Most ATA clubs should have someone with a copy of Excel and an internet connection available.

If the ATA could adopt a similar electronic reporting structure (name, ATA number, event 16-Hdcp-Dbl, scores, etc.) using an Excel sheet, the office might get the scores in a format that would not need to be entered again manually at the ATA office. This alone should save a bit of time. The use of electronic transmission also eliminate the delays inherent in the postal system.

I incorparate data verification to insure that only valid entries (no scores below 0 or above 25, entries in the name fields required if a score is reported, etc.) to try to eliminate as much data entry error as possible. It is fairly quick, simple and accurate. Isn't that what is the ATA needs?

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Seems to me that the electronic data transfer that (pyrdek-eup) is suggesting would cut out some of the employees? Clubs that have no computer could continue as is? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

atalack