1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA, JULY 25, NEWPORT SPORTSMEN CLUB, BIG FIFTIES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BIG PAPA, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

The Newport Sportsmen Club will be conducting it's FINAL ATA shoot of the season on JULY 25, 2010. The program is available on line via the ata web site. Shooting will begin at 10 AM with 16's followed by the caps. You can shoot your doubles anytime on our fifth trap. The kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch for this shoot. Our JACKPOT FIFTIES will start at $7658.25. Remember, any two 25 straights is a 50 straight at our club. We have six combinations of fifies. We still put the ADDED MONEY into both the 16 yard and cap program for EVERY SHOOTER. We will also be giving away a SHAMROCK leather shell carrier to the shooter with the best combination score of 16's and caps. You need to shoot both programs to qualify for the shell carrier. If anyone has any questions, all of our contact information is listed on the ATA and OSTA web sites. Thanks for looking and hope to see all of you next weekend. If you have any questions, just send me a PM on this site and I will get you an answer. I will run a special event if there is enough interest.

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Newport shoots one hundred registered ATA targets per event. The big fifty is their option on a "fifty straight" on the handicap. The "fifty straight is a combination of any 2 twenty five straights. For example can be trap 1 & 3, 2 & 4 or any combo. Jackpots are usually pretty healthy. Targets are pretty tough but one of the best run shoots around. They start on time and have great food.

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

PJ999, thanks for the help. I have no idea who you are, but appreciate your positive comments. If you attend Sunday, please introduce yourself.

If there is a strong wind blowing the targets can be a little sporting. Otherwise they will be some of the best you will get a chance to shoot.

We will be shooting 100 - 16 yard targets, followed by 100 caps. We start shooting at 10 AM. Entries open at 9:15 AM. Kitchen opens at 8 AM for breakfast and lunch will be available. We try to give you plenty of food for the money as any club you will shoot at.

We have a unique fifties option on our cap program. Many clubs run three fifties jackpots, usually on trap 1&2, 2&3 and 3&4. We run six jackpot fifties. ANY two twenty five straights is a fifty straight. So the six combo's are: 1&2, 2&3, 3&4, 1&3, 1&4 and 2&4. The cost of the option is $18 to enter. The beginning opening total of the six this sunday will be $7658.25. We had one fifty straight at out last shoot that paid over a thousand $$.

Hope to see you all on Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions.

4. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Big papa sure hope that pretty lady in the kitchen is makin biscuits and gravy again. I think homan could probobally push down a double order.

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I will be making the biscuits and gravey along with the normal breakfast special. Judy must have served Homan. There is not way he can eat a double order of my B&G. See ya sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.