1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA is paid $14,000 to hold Sattelite Grands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

So what? I mean seriously, so what. Its called free enterprise.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

There was over 350 trophies given out at the Dixie Grand alone. $14,000 is no were enough money to cover trophies at both the Dixie and Southern Grand. I can see now why the quality of trophies are down. If they Southern grand gave the same amount of trophies that means there cost would be about $20.00 per trophy. I still say the Southwestern Grand has the best trophy program going. Quality medallion metals and additional Quality trophies you can order if you win. Don't know how they can do it? Outstanding

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

A couple of things . . .

The ATA requires the clubs to pay for the trophies so that the same level/quality of trophies can be given at all the Satellite Grands. If clubs were allowed to buy their own trophies there could be issues with clubs getting cheap trophies.

I also recall that the ATA only provides the trophies for the championship events. Pretty sure the club is responsible for all of the prelim event trophies. If you look at the program for the Southwestern Grand, starting with Event 19 (Friday Singles) the program says "ATA Trophies" where prior day events just said "Trophies"

If you aren't happy with the trophies in the prelim events, that's on the club not on the ATA.

Scott

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The clubs pay plenty plus all of the extras if they are dumb enough to give them up to the ATA/EC that show up ... The Spring Grand at the old Phx club was paying more than $14,000 plus 6 or 7 years ago ... The clubs provide the trophys besides the ATA trophys, plus Booze, food, tranportation, etc ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Ha, is this a Union? LOL I agree, let them pay there own expenses like we do. The President is the only one who might get some perks. No reason to buy the President a $14,000 shotgun with ATA money either. The rest can write off there expenses. No reason to waste money when Ata membership has dropped. Just good business.

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Longshot:

Find out the important facts before you start complaining, or you just look like a complainer. As mentioned above, find out what the cost of the ATA trophy package is, that is worth whatever it costs. Then find out what printing and mailing all of those programs costs, as well as all the ads. I don't have a problem with costs for an ATA rep to travel and stay at the shoot either. But not his shooting fees or costs for many unneeded individuals.

I was well aware these shoots cost in the neighborhood of what you are talking about. If there is waste in there, it should be addressed, but just complaining that there is a fee paid to the ATA and it should be done away with is simply ignorant.

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

The Doctor is in the house! What he is pointing out is the fact that our target costs and shooter fees are going to perks for the ATA officers and those perks are not only not necessary nor do they improve the shooting experience but in a time of financial stress unconscionable. Bruce

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The fact is anytime there are extra charges, fees, etc. somebody is going to pay them because the clubs cannot absorb the extras that are usual and customary (expected) at the shoots ... The expenditures affect the bottom line which is what the clubs count on sometimes to operate all year ... I don't even want to get started on this one, so I'm bowing out of this conversation because I have been there and done that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. grntitan

Gary(Dr. Many ideas),

To be quite honest, with all the BS the ATA President probably has to deal with on a daily basis plus the extra time off the clock they put in, a $14,000 shotgun is a small token. That doesn't count having to deal with the constant whiners like yourself with nothing better to do then find faults.

In most situations the CEO or President of companies and organizations get extras or bonus'. Its a small token of apprecitaion for their dedication and work. I honestly don't have a problem with it. Get over it or just quit shooting ATA. Maybe Brad has room in his new Trap club for you.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd say this, but $14,000 doesn't seem like a lot of money any more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. grntitan

Shelly you don't really even warrant a response. However, you should look in the mirror. You might be suprised at what is looking back at you. Use your imagination.

Its kinda "The pot calling the kettle black".

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

GRTITAN, as a great Orator was said,"tis better to remain silent and let someone think you are a fool than to say something and prove them correct." Silence your key board sir. Jake

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Lets see the EC is required to be at a certain number of Satellite Grands. The members on this board last year went nuts over a report that said they were reimbursing the EC's expenses.

Now they are charging for them up front and everyone is still whining. The CHC is supposed to be at them to run classification. LS you figure they should pay for all of it when they are required to be there???

I think you are just whining to hear yourself whine.

Matt you better be careful she has been a Bit** in every thread she posts to and now she is accusing you of being a prick. Talk about calling the pot black.
    I can also see you aren't entitled to your opinion either.

Bob Lawless

14. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Earl,Bring the subject up with an ATA executive the next time you get a chance. You can buy a lot of medallion "metals" as you say not "hearsay" for $14,000 heck you might even get them to throw in although not as precious a few "MEDALS" for that price. I'm sure he will gladly give up the gun he gets for the 6 to 8 and possibly more years for doing a thankless job.

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Do Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, or any of the other big conservation groups pay their Pres.? Those guys put in an unbelievable amount of time.

16. Hauser

Hauser Member

I dont have a dog in this fight but I think the ATA is well past the need to print programs and should use the internet and save the expense.

Jerry Hauser

17. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

As I digest all this “information - or misinformation” provided by the good Doctor and others on this thread, I am to believe that back 100 years ago to as recently as the 1980’s the ATA was operating at what others thought was near “perfection”; Everyone was winning cars, cash, and making a killing – there were no “Top Dogs” taking the poor average shooters money day in and day out; Everyone played the money and everyone won money; The ATA had millions in the bank and gave money to clubs to host big shoots; Corporations and businesses showered the organization and shooters with unlimited rewards and sponsorship. All shooters were so good they could hit 3 hole (or harder) targets with wimpy shells, old guns, and still collect the huge rewards at the end of the day – nobody lost – it was a guaranteed win! Nobody every complained or was bitter about anything in the sport! No change was every needed!

Then, in more recent history the EC became a corrupt business unit within the organization. Evil shooters and clubs convinced the EC to change rules to make the happy shooters unhappy, only allow “Big Dogs” to win, and reward themselves with expense paid vacations and fancy guns. Delegates got together and coerced ways to steal the ATA blind because they would rather get rich by stealing from the sport they loved and supported than see the organization grow and be successful. The evil EC even decided that Vandalia was no longer trapshooting nirvana and decided that they would convince the Dayton Airport to make them move so they could continue to rob the poor ATA shooters blind and send them packing to an abandoned mine in the middle of Illinois!

Finally our savior has arrived – Mr. Gary Bryant (Dr. he is not!) – he will singlehandedly show us the way back to trapshooting nirvana and eliminate the evil EC. He has some wonderfully uniformed ideals and false accusations to back up his campaign. He wants us to believe that everything and most everyone in the trapshooting world is BAD and EVIL and CORRUPT because these wicked people on the EC who have given hours and hours and lots of their own money to this sport, are striving to get rich from the organization, pad the big-dog’s pockets, and make it miserable for everyone else. Hell, these dastardly EC people even got rid of poor Frank for not performing the duties and expectations of the position for which he was hired.

The ATA has evolved continuously over the past 100 years and will continue to evolve at the request of the membership and gun clubs, just as it has since it was first organized. These changes that have occurred since inception will continue to occur – and yes not everyone will agree with all changes – are necessary for the survival of the ATA and the sport of trapshooting. The PITA was formed over 75 years ago and it too operates very similar to the ATA and it too faces very similar issues and has just as many good Doctors who “know all” per capita as the ATA.

I find it very difficult to believe that there are even a fraction of this many people out there who will swallow this kind of bait and believe in these conspiracy theories! I know several Delegates and I have yet to meet one who is conspiring for opportunities to destroy the sport and get rich from their position. Some of you people need to wake up and get a grasp on reality.

18. missed some

missed some TS Member

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

A second AMEN.

Don

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

That is the best I have seen it put yet. It sure pegs LS dead center.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.