1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA HOF Moving to Sparta IL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Local news article from the 14th of Aug

http://www.bnd.com/426/story/432657.html

I am sure that this should secure a long term relationship with the WRSC and the ATA!

Ronbo

2. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

@#%@#$^$%&^^* should stay in vandalia

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

This should rile them up in Ohio

4. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Great!
    Sparta is where we are and that is where the HOF should be. If we are to promote the HOF we need it at the Grand. Good move!

Now, move the office there too!

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's really time to bulldoze Vandalia and move on....

Curt

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I am personally excited about the move!

Ronbo

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's already bulldozed.....primarily.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

They are packing it up as we speak! Heard they are going to set up or store in the event center and later construct a permanent site for the stuff just west of the center across the road.

9. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

I and a friend that never was able to make the trip to Ohio were just talking of how nice it would be to move the HOF to Sparta more centered in the Nation so that all could come and if we are going to shoot the Grand in Sparta then our HOF belongs where we can see it and the offices should follow.

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

The HOF is not the ATA ... now as soon as they announce that the ATA Corporate office will move to Sparta then the solidifying of relationships will be a whole different story.

I wonder what the HOF would do if Cardinal made an offer and a deal to move it there to there location? Sooner or later the ATA will be utilizing them to host the Grand and such so why not just move the HOF there now?

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The Grand IS NOT moving back to OHIO! It's time to get over it and move on. The guy at Cardinal says he is NOT interested anyway and nobody is going to build the ATA a site costing untold millions to hold the Grand. Look, I'm sorry for all the Ohio folks who miss the Grand in their back yard, but it's OVER!

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The narrow minded cannot be helped come to grips with the reality of the situation. The Grand American is now at a new top notch facility!

Ronbo

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Hall Of Fame was not supposed to move to Sparta until it proved itself.

Hugh McKinley said before his death that if the HOF moved to Sparta he and some others wanted their items in the HOF returned to them, they absolutely did not want their items to be moved out of Ohio, this was told directly to me by
    Mr.McKinley a year before his death during a phone conversation.

He told there was some agreement about the date before the HOF could be moved.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Sideline

Sideline TS Member

We just got back from attending our first Grand American. Wow! The grounds are wonderful we had a great time. Moving the HOF to Sparta will be a positive addition to the ATA's world class act.

15. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Dr. Longshot

Mr McKinley's family should then recieve his posessions in accordance with his wishes.

That was EASY!

Ronbo

16. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I agree, Vandalia is over and Sparta is the home of the Grand. I think with the efforts of Sparta , Surrounding areas, and the state of Illinois we should be grateful to have a place like Sparta to hold the Grand.
    For those of you that did not attend the Grand this year, YOU MISSED a great shoot. Best weather I have ever seen at a Grand since I have been going the last 15 or 16 years.

Charlie

17. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I am with Charlie, I only had a chance to shoot 1 day but had a great time visiting, the HOF will add a new level of finality and ending the relationship with the old venue and moving forward with a long term relationship with Southern IL and Sparta!

Ronbo

18. NintyT

NintyT Member

Charlie, I have to agree. With the past 14 Grands under my belt, this had to be the best. Best weather, best run, best targets and a historical shoot-off. I know several that did not attend this year because of last years high temp's, but that was a huge mistake.

Having the state of Illinois (IDNR) own the facility is not the ideal situation, but it was the best option available to us as an orginazation with limited funds. If things go well for the ATA, and all it's membership, the WSRC will be a great success and continue to grow and improve. Having the HOF at Sparta is a positive move.

Steve Johnson

19. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I know many may disagree with me, but I do not mind the state of Illinois owning the land. With a single individual owning the land many things could hapen, death, taxes , bankruptcy, estate fights, then we would be out in the cold. I have found the Illinois site to be just great. No body has hasseled me, shells are easy to get, and the people are just so nice.
    I wonder how many of the Sparta haters have been there and actually shot? I could list numerous pros and cons about each site, but I certainly like the new site,. Now that we have this beautiful facility, let's quit complaining and try to find the good in the situation.

Charlie

20. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The ATA should also move their offices to Sparta. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.