1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ata hall of fame

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by vdt, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

is the hall of fame staying in ohio

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Yes, for now there are no plans to move it.

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I hope it ends up going to Cardinal.

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

thank you ,is the ata trying to tell us something

5. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Just wish the A T A would have a set of BALLS and pick a home grounds and move everything there. Why do we got to here this backstabing again ? This BS sucks " Mine is better than Yours " are we talking shooting or we all standing by a tree taking a wizz......

6. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

War Wagon, I know what I am talking about. What are you talking about? Standing by a tree taking a wizz??

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ithaca$$$Grade- Your post might have been more accurate if you stated there are not no funds to move the HOF.

War Wagon- The ATA cannot just pick a site and move there. All the ATA can do is look at the sites offered to it by someone else and make the best selection.

Pat Ireland

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

For my two pennies worth--I wish it were at Sparta where it would get the largest exposure to ALL shooting and sporting venues.

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

http://www.traphof.org/

Will everyone please copy and paste the above, and note the NEW logo the Trapshooting Hall of Fame has.

For the purpose of getting people to realize that the ATA, and the Trapshooting Hall of Fame are two different entities, there has been a new logo selected.

This was not to discredit the ATA in any way. The Hall of Fame Board of Trustees had become aware that there was a misunderstanding that they were part of the ATA, and found the need to clarify that it is not. One way was to select one of the original designs of the logo for future use to help eliminate the confusion.

I have been told to look for an Official announcement soon.

Dave in SC

10. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

Hay Pat when do you supose the ATA will start making 'the best slection"? They sure missed the mark with Sparta!

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

TANGO ECHO- At the end of the process, the ATA did make the best selection available to us. That cannot be questioned because it was the only site available to the Board of Directors.

Three sites were to be presented to the B of D. One site pulled out because it realized that they could not build the facility at that time. The second site withdrew its proposal when it was not immediately approved. I favored that site even though it probably would have involved a dual line and would have required the AT assuming something like a $20,000,000 debt. That left one site. To make certain nothing else came up, the final decision was delayed from August to December. At the special meeting of the B of D in December we had the choice of Sparta or nothing else available at that time.

Pat Ireland

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Echo, actually Sparta is an excellent facility....

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Pat Ireland. Having been to both I will take Sparta, much easier to get around, good camping facilities, good background etc. Give them a few years to get trees--shelters--benches--vendor bldgs.-- etc. Look back at pics. of Vandalia circa 1927, they started out with a lot less than Sparta, for some that live close to Dayton yes there is more driving, but for the majority the driving distance probably isn't a major concern, if you have to drive 10 hours to get there anyway, an extra couple hours won't make all that much difference will it??--(maybe for a few) for me it's about 10 miles further so that doesn't affect my plans very much. lets just go shoot & be happy that we can. As for the HOF until the ATA actually owns their home grounds we're going to be between a rock & a hard spot. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata trapshooting hall of fame