1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA got rid of the 3 year membership

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Aug 27, 2013.

1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I just went to renew and had previously paid for 3 years. I see that is not an option anymore. That really is a PITA. I am to old to buy the lifetime to see a benefit and for one do not KNOW I will be shooting FOREVER. I liked the 3 year option so you did not have to worry about a renewal EVERY year.

Heck they gave you a little break to pay up for 3 years but that was not really the point. If they would still offer it I would pay the full amount for 3 years just for the convenience. Oh well I guess they know best.

2. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Yeah I too wish they still offered the 3 year renewal.

3. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I too was disappointed in the elimination of the 3 year deal. With my health status I just cant see the point in a Life Membership.

4. dale58

dale58 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It was a nice option, sorry to see their not offering it anymore. Dale

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I for one would gladly pay the full 20.00 per year just to have the 3 year option back. I think a lot of guys would?

6. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Check with your State Delegate and ask why it is no longer offered.

Ron Burdick

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I agree , why not???? Have been a life member since about 1987 so haven't paid attention to things like that but it sure seems like a good option. At my age I just can't see myself spending that much money for a lifetime membership. Ross Puls

8. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Ron,
    I just emailed my state delegate and it BOUNCED. I guess up to date contact info was not to important.

9. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

Gentlemen: My current 3 year membership expires on August 31st. so I went on-line to renew and noticed what you all did. So I emailed the address that states "if you have any questions about membership..." I got an immediate response from two different people who told me I can still do it. So I entered 3 x $20.00 and paid $60.00 by PayPal and asked via email that the two ladies check to make sure it processes correctly. Within a day or two it was done and my shoot card reflects the new date and all is well. Also, the one lady said she is forwarding my email to someone a little higher to note my displeasure of the three-year option not being available. Maybe they will reinstate that option. BTW - I am in Canada. Please give it a try...good day!

10. himark

himark Well-Known Member

imgrv,

Thank you... I will goto the site and re-do mine and follow it with an email to them. Good info...tx.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

IMGRV, thanks for the heads up!! I was told at the Grand last year they were doing away with it. I'll try the extended membership thingie again in addition.

HAP

12. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Doesnt make alot of sense does it? Would you rather have $20 and spend $$ and time doing al the renews, or take cash in hand for 3 yrs. Not logical business/financial practice.

13. himark

himark Well-Known Member

yep does not make sense to me either. However, they use to offer a discounted rate if you did 3 years. I am betting they thought the heck with the discount when they quit the 3 year deal. All the while not even thinking people would like to have the 3 year deal at regular price. Just another EZ oversight by the peeps in charge.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The ATA will accept annual memberships for as many years in advance as you wish.

15. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

I was told that the three membership, (buy 2 years get the third year for free) was for first time members only??? This was just approved in the ATA minutes from the March 2013 meeting.

16. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I asked about this option when I renewed at the Grand and was told by the cashier that the three year membership had been discontinued. I offered to pay three years in advance at the full price, and they would accept dues for 2014 only.

When you're already a vet, a lifetime membership is a poor bargain, but I would be happy to pay a couple of years in advance.

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The desk at the Grand was wrong. I checked with the ED and he says the ATA is glad to accept your payment for as many annual membership years that you wish. I'd call the ATA office ... the folks manning the desk at the Grand are mostly all new to the machinations of the ATA. Good luck.

18. himark

himark Well-Known Member

If someone from the ATA would read this I would think it would be simple enough to just add a 3 year for 60 or even a 5 for a 100 to there options on there site for check out. It may surprise them how many take it. I have been in business for a long time and a rule of thumb is...."if someone is offering you money you take it" a fool says nah....I will wait for it.

19. plaw

plaw Active Member

I always paid by the yr. but now that i know there are other options I will pay a 3 or 5 yr. fee.