1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Executive Director - - - -

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rcmax29, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcmax29

rcmax29 TS Member

Curious -

Anyone know what the ATA has in mind as a future Executive Director? Will they be looking for a pro who can, with some level of autonomy, run a major sports / shooting organization as somewhat of a CEO or will it be a weaker model for someone who basically carries water for the Exec Comm between meetings?

Pros? Cons?

2. Mchaggis

Mchaggis TS Member

Rumor has it that Ray Greeb likes Lucky Nightengale for the position of Executive Director.......remember you read it here first.

3. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

Too bad the shooting community dont get a say in this appointment!!!

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Perhaps if, rather than debate the question on here, you were to take the time to actually contact your delegate and zone vice-president with a suggestion as to who you think should get the job, you might get some results. You sure ain't gonna get them b!%ch!&g on this site.

Ed Yanchok

5. Ed Y

I'm not picking on you Jimmy. As a matter of fact, Phil might be a good choice. I believe that he would certainly have the good of the ATA on his mind with every decision to be made.
    I'm just getting tired of the BS threads that get posted on here, trying to stir the pot but not adding any ingredients.

Ed Yanchok

6. rcmax29

rcmax29 TS Member

This certainly wasn't intended as a BS thread. The intent was to raise a serious question as to whether the ATA would be looking at a "weak" model or a "stong" model - in other words a "comissioner" type with a lot of authority to help chart the future for the ATA or more of an admin type who just makes sure the trains run on time. No one has tackled this question directly yet.

With the future staring us in the face, this could be a great opportunity to insure a strong future for trapshooing in the good ol' USA if the EC has the courage to look for a strong leader with some vision, maybe even someone from outside the shooting world.

Just wondering if that is a possibility . . . .

7. Ed Y

As far back as I can remember, the Executive Director was only supposed to act on the wishes of the EC and I don't expect to see that change, otherwise what would the purpose of the EC be? You're supposed to express your thoughts and ideas for improvement to your delegate, who's supposed to transmit them to your appropriate VP who in turn presents and discusses them with the rest of the EC for appropriate action. If that ain't happening in your state and zone, then somethings wrong and needs change. I know from experience that that's the way it happens here in NJ and the Eastern Zone. If you make a valid suggestion to your delegate, you get a reply, not just a shrug-off.

Ed Yanchok

8. Ed Y

If you think that I'm a "butt kisser" your wrong. I've just never had a negative experience with the ATA. Maybe because I'm not a "Negative" guy. Over the years, I've managed four trap clubs, been on our state BOD, and have been an ATA delegate. Any time I thought that something needed doing and thought that I could do it better, I've stepped up. If anyone thinks something needs doing, DO IT, don't just talk about it.

Ed Yanchok

9. Ed Y

Too bad that it's so easy to hide behind a fictitious name and then delete your comments.

Ed Yanchok

10. Ed Y

No bites. You need better bait.

Ed Yanchok

11. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Then why is there a "job description" on the ATA web page for an Executive Director if the position is going to be appointed??? I do agree that John Norris needed to step down from personal experience with him never answering IN WRITING a letter I sent him.

12. rcmax29

rcmax29 TS Member

Well, all corps, major non profits, sports entities, etc have a board and an even an executive committee, but they hire a strong person as ceo not just to carry water but to really lead the organizatoin to higher ground. no matter how well meaning and how long they have been shooting nor how skilled they are, the ec members have other professions, lives, and expertise. a commissioner type, if the right person is selected and given some real authority, can bring a mix of vision, organization, marketing skills, media savy, that sort of thing, in a higher level of expertise than any one of us can. the ec provides the concience and even much of the vision but the ceo takes it to a higher level. if the right person can be found, that model could work for us.

13. Ed Y

Amen

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I just hope there are some people fimiler with not for profit type oparations,,,,I have been part of a few ,If the rite thing is not done ,,,,book keeping ,, you will see the Gov,,,(dems),,,come in and take it all,,,,,favirote way to get rid of somthing they dont is cut the money,,,,,law suites,audits,,

15. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

Never seen a more incestious group of guys any where. Most of them can't shoot any more and the other half don't have the sense their dads gave them.

Keepin it real.

Chet

16. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

There is a link to the job discription on the ATA home page.

17. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Where's the love? Can't we just all get along? Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.