1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Events near Danville, VA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tom In TN, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom In TN

Tom In TN TS Member

Are there any trap clubs close to Danville, VA that hold ATA events?

Thanks

Tom

2. vatrap

vatrap Member

Tom,
    Depends on what you call close, Lynchburg is about an hour away and
    so is Franklin County. Directions and shoot dates are listed on http://www.vatrap.com.

Mike

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Rockingham GC near Reidsville NC holds registered shoots. Buckhorn GC near Mebane has an 800 target program this weekend.

38-01615

Go to http://www.nctrap.com for club locations and directions.

4. dshot

dshot Member

Tom, how long are you going to be in Danville? We shoot Reg. shoots the first Sat. of every Mo. in Lynchburg, but on the 2nd. Sat in July because on the State shoot. They also shoot in Ruffin N.C. that is close to Danville.
    You can shoot targets at Brushy Mt. Club, it's about 25 miles north of Danville, they shoot there very Wed. and weekend. Anyone will sign you up as a guest.

5. Tom In TN

Tom In TN TS Member

Thank you for the information.

dshot: I am considering taking a job in Danville. Do you know of any clubs in the immediate area of Danville, closer than those listed above, that shoot trap - practice or other?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Tom in TN,

I drive 38 miles from Greensboro NC to shoot at the Rock. You are closer to the Rock than I am if you move to Danville.

FYI

7. dshot

dshot Member

No Tom, just two I listed, in Lynchburg the menbership is $150.00 a year and the targets are $3.00 around, just skeet and trap, 3 trap fields with voice releases. They have camp grounds, rifle range,fishing lakes and swiming lake.
    Brushy Mt.club has a great sporting clay course with all atuomadic traps,5 stand,rifle range, 5 skeet fields, 1 trap field, with voice releases. Will be adding a trap field soon, to have reg. shoots. The dues are $75.00 a year shooting cost are, for menbers, $12.00 a 100 for sporting cays, $2.50 for 25 5 stand, trap and skeet $2.50 a round of 25.
    The Rock Fred posted, has 4 trap fields and are adding some new skeet fields and a great rifle range. I don't know the menbership cost, I just go down and shoot in their Reg. shoots. It's closer to Danville than Lynchburg and has great people there, that will kick your butt in a shoot and invite you back next month for another one.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Tom, I live in Danville and am also a transplanted Tennesseean, from Kingsport but that was 71 years ago. I live in the southwest quadrant of Danville and it is 14 miles (read 18 minutes) from my home to the Rock which is just outside Beautiful Downtown Ruffin, not Reidsville. We have ATA-registered trap matches many months and a number of Lewis-class non-registered shoots. The Club offers trap (4 fields, all with voice releases), skeet, 2 pistol ranges, a 50-meter smallbore range, and a 200 yard 20-bench high-power rifle range that holds registered NBRSA and IBS matches. Member rates for trap and skeet are $2.00/round and there are no charges for using the rifle and pistol ranges. The Rock is a corporate member of a commercial sporting clays range and our members can shoot there for the members rates. The initiation fee is $100 and the annual dues are $84, but these are pro-rated quarterly. We are offering lifetime memberships this year, along with the regular reduced annual rates for seniors and disabled vets. Once you have settled in here at River City, go to Tarheeltrap.com, get the schedule, and come on down for a shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.