1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Dues

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dennis b, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis b

dennis b Member

A great bargain. DennisB

2. dennis b

dennis b Member

Don, if you were addressing the question to me, there was no point. It was quite simply posting my opinion that I think ATA dues are a bargain at only $20 a year. Thanks. DennisB

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

They ar a bargain but they ought to be at least $35.00 with the difference going to local clubs to recruit new shooters.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Increase in dues but Neil has stated a sum of over $2mil in the ATA bank account ... yeah they are funds from the sale of the ATA home grounds but over $2mil in the bank of a non-profit organization and they need to raise the dues.

Still a bargain though ... really it still is a bargain at only $20. They should raise it higher so as the ATA they can promote the sport more and generate more interest which could only lead to a higher membership and the longevity of the organization.

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

ATA owned "some" land in Vandalia.

IIRC, the ATA dues increase was announced at last year's Grand, effective for the 2008 target year.

Call me curious . . . I'd still like to see some proof that Lumper pays ATA dues.

Scott

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

$20 dollars is very cheap for annual dues, just think you pay that much in gas driving to and from some clubs to shoot. How about 5 packs of cigarettes, or a case of beer?

George

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Scott ... your looking for proof that you will never find. If you are so interested in me and want proof of what I have said research back and you will see that I do not currently pay dues to the ATA.

Any organization that has a "rule book" that is actually a book of suggestion guidelines on the sport is an organization I do not want to financially support by paying dues or paying for registered targets.

Now you have your proof again ... is there anything else you would like to know.

I still think $20 is on the cheap side but then who am I to say it is to cheap?

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Toolmaker ... for the cost conscientious smoker and drinker you can very easily get 5 packs of cigarettes and a case of bear on approximately $12. I remember the day as well that for $20 you could get a case of beer, 5 packs of cigarettes along with money left over for breakfast and a disease you might not get rid of but that was ... well ... maybe some things that are known of might be better left not spoken of.

9. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I'd still do the life membership thing if the powers that be could figure out a way to do it like the NRA does. Easy pay life. 4 Installments per year for 5 years. It's not hard. I would bet a lot of other people would take advantage of it. It's a lot easier for the average guy to come up with $50 a quarter for 5 years than $750 in a couple months. Just a thought but this has been discussed in earlier threads at length..

Jeff

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lumper it proves my point you should butt out of ATA discussions. You don't have a horse in this race. You are conning to many shooters, by pretending to be what you are not.

Don

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dennis; Sorry I was refering to originator of the thread.

Don

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Don ... if the ATA would like to host there own private ATA member only discussion board for members only they should do that but ya know what? Just for you Don I would pay $20 bucks a year and renew my membership just so we could both once again post on the same site and voice our opinions.

13. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Appears that this Lumper fellow freely states that he is not an ATA member.
    I, for one, don't see this as pretending to be something he is not...but, then I haven't been on this forum very long, so don't have the luxury of knowing all the history.

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

code5coupe ... the history and a suggestion all in one post for you.

Don't ever post anything that might rattle the cages of some people. You may disagree but never post and say why you disagree or you might take the chance of rattling those mentioned cages.

BTW it might also help to post your full name and ATA # as a signature. It seems that there are a few around here that requires it as some form of legitimacy as to who you are and as some sort of positive identification.

Hope you stick around and have some fun but always remember to shoot the sport you like and like whatever sport you shoot.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would not suggest that Lumper cease his activity on this site. I would encourage him to join the ATA and shoot trap with us.

Pat Ireland

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pat .. you are one of those that we may not agree with each other on some topcs and we may think each others views and opinions are way out of line at times but you are one person I can honestly respect.

17. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

At my age and even $20 per year Life Membership did not make sense before. A $20 "charitable contribution" for my annual dues is not a big deal either, but a $500 "contribution" for a Life Membership to a good cause may. I'm going to think real hard about whether to go Life this fall.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Don ... one of the reasons I dropped the ATA was because of people like you who thought they were the ATA and a people that only thought there opinion was the gospel and would not stand for anything else other than what you say.

You are one of the reasons why the ATA's numbers are dwindling each year.

Have you ever thought of hosting or sponsoring a site that only a registered ATA member could post on? Until that day happens this board is free for any trap shooter to use since the site is www.trapshooters.com and not www.ata_trapshooters.com.

19. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

I knew it! Just spent $300,000 on a new motorhome, another $20,000 on that K-80 combo, $12,000 on a couple of pallets of STS's and now the ATA wants an extra 2 bucks a year. I can't catch a break.
    I can't afford to shoot ATA anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Lumper,

You have a really good point about the name of the site and in making that point, that not all trapshooters are ATA shooters ... This particular thread is obviously about "ATA Dues" which is clearly the opening heading and is pertaining to dues paid to the ATA by trapshooters who are obviously ATA members or have intentions of becoming one ... I would say that anyone who has ever been a member of the ATA should also be considered to be able to voice an opinion because they have been involved at least to some extent and they have reasons why they dropped out or continued with the annual membership ... Personally, I think the $50 I spent for my Life Membership over 30 years ago was a Hell of a deal, though at the time it sure seemed like a lot of money with kids to feed and family to support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...