1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Club in Sacramento Area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nuts, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I will be visiting the Sacramento area soon, what clubs are there to shoot at, recommendations, I would prefer to shoot at a faclitiy which is active in ATA shoots, maybe time my visit to shoot a registered event there.

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Coon Creek in Lincoln, also Auburn Trap Club. Both have registered shoots.

Mike C.

Groveland,CA

3. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

Are both clubs friendly to shoot at? Which has the largest contingent of registered shooters?

4. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Coon Creek is the largest club in the area. Lot's of registered shooters. The PITA state shoot was held at Coon Creek this year. 10 or so traps, 4 skeet, 15 station sporting clays and bunker trap. You can check them out at www.cooncreektrap.com.

Auburn is a much smaller club. 4 traps and one 5 stand. Very limited hours.

Both clubs are friendly but you will be able to shoot more rounds at Coon Creek as sometimes Auburn has leagues on Saturday mornings.

Coon Creek is $5 per round of trap. Auburn is $6 per round.

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Coon Creek just held the ATA Western Zone Shoot.

Where in Sac will you be staying?

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Coon Creek can be a little out of the way north of Sacramento but you can be sure that they will try their best to provide for your wants and needs. While I haven't been there for a number of years, they had/have a multi station Sporting Clays course along with the rest. Auburn is several miles east of Sacramento gotten to by heading toward Reno on I-80. I understand it is very friendly but limited in choices when compared to Coon Creek........breakemall

7. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Coon Creek and Auburn both charge $6.00 a round for non-members..Shoot both clubs and decide which one fits into your schedule. The league in Auburn is done after this Saturday and shootings over by 10:00am. The last six months I prefer to shoot at Auburn even though I’m closer to Coon Creek.

8. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

where do you buy reloading supplies in the area? New shells? trap guns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.