1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Clay Target Championship Who Will Win?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RLC323, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Check the list of former ATA Clay Target champions in your Grand program and you will find there are no "one-hit-wonders" on this list, unlike many shooters on the GAH listing.

Wednesday's 200 singles to decide who gets to go under the lights for their place in history. This one is not about the money, you could lose money if you can stay in and the shootoffs go long.

Pick your winner for this year. My pick: Steve Johnson - Illinois

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think this year will finally be Leo's time.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Dear Lord,

Let it be Leo.

Amen

4. barker2008

barker2008 TS Member

come on leo is who i am going with!! shoot then straight LEO

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Leo has to be the sentimental favorite. All those Mo. Singles Championships and never yet in the Clay Target.

Best thing about Leo is that he will be the same great fellow the next day if he wins it or not. I believe that may be worth more than a dozen Clay Target rings.

6. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Speaking of Leo, one of my best memories of The Grand involved him in a shootoff for the CTC. I believe it was around 94...95????...I'll need someone to back me up on this. I am sure a few of you were there. But he "missed" a target and the official called it dead seeing a chip. This was under the lights. Leo said he missed it and didn't come back out for the shootoff. Probably placed 4th-5th at that time? Needless to say, he had the opportunity to go back out and keep grinding away and possibly win the CTC at that time. But, he didn't. I don't know of many people that would do that for a shootoff during a league, let alone for the CTC. That may bring up old bad memories for Leo, but I think he probably gained as many fans and respect that night than if he had won the shootoff for those that were there. Just my opinion!!.....As much as I would like to see him finally win it, I have to say....GO GET'EM JR!!!!

7. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Randy miller- illinois

8. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yeah I would like to see Hoot's win it myself or any of the other KY boys I would bet that there will be at least 2 of them in the shoot off wensday night.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/gun%20shoots/TN%20state/?action=view&current=IMG_9773Large.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Good Luck to you all.

Foggy

10. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

Thomas Yeager he has been on fire so has his son

11. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

As long as its daylight my money is on Leo, but if it gets dark he has told me he " folds like a cheap suit" in the dark. Curt

12. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Any news yet on who is left?

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

14. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Latest report from my source at Sparta is that the guy who won the GAH missed and is out of the CTC shootoffs. Leo and the other guy still grinding away.

JK

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Congrats to Leo Harrison III!

16. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

the coolest thing is that leo tied co-champions how many extra innings were there

17. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Congrats to Mr Harris and Mr Campbell but I'm most rod of the AAA runner up My friend Andy. He has worked so hard to get here. Not only is he a great shoot, He's a mentor to many shooters.... Congradulations Andy you deserve barking with the big dogs LOL or joke!!!!

18. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

How long was the shoot off?
    must have been close to five or six hundred??

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

20. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Yeah 200 to make it to the shot offs then 200 that night the the resumed the next day super job to all in the shoot offs and to the winners and all who came close!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.