1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA avg card help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Masterplan, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

this is my second year in the Ata and
    I'm not sure how
    to continue my avg for the new year?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As I said in your other thread of the exact same subject:

You don't continue. Your averages start over Sept. 1st 2012. That is the start of the 2013 season.

Seasons run Sept. 1st to Aug. 31st

3. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

lol sorry I left my glasses in the truck and no bar glasses
    here..anyway
    thanks
    so I take my last avg in 2012 and
    add that to my first shoot in 2013
    and divide by two...?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Empty a glass and get back to us......

sounds like your not quite average...

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

No master plan, read relly close. you have no avg for the 2013 target year until you shoot some trgets. Write down scores from your first shoot this year. Then write down scores from the second shoot this year add together an divide by 2 gives this years avg. Whatever you shot previous to sep 1 doesn't affect this years avg. Just a note, a good handicaper will look at last years scores and this years scores to decide how you will be handicapped for singles and doubles. Your handicap yardage will be the same as you ended target year 2012 with unless you have gotten a punch in the 2013 target year. I hope this helps you figure it out.

Bob

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

You start fresh on Sept 1st evey year

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As stated above, once Sept 1st hits, forget about the targets you shot before. You are reborn. However, they will/should base your new target year classification on your last 500 targets or so. In other words, if you ended the season an "A" class shooter, you start the new season as an "A" shooter. Of course all classifiers and shoots are different.

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Oops. I'm going to have some apologies to hand out.
    I had no idea. I started ATA with a "tactical" Mossberg and my scores were really really low for a year or two. Finally got into a "good" trap gun.
    I thought "D" class was too easy for me shooting 97s-98s on a regular basis. I'm running out of room for all the class trophies i bring home. But I just kept my Avg going thru the new years.
    Should I call the ATA offices to "fix" my past shoots? Advice???
    Thanks and if anyone I shot against is reading this, I full heartedly apologize!

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Good Grief!

10. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

wow songdog I think that should have been something the classifiers should have caught. Honestly I just finished my first year of ATA and did not know that every year you start over. I guess if I went to a shoot this weekend and shot a 100 I wouldn't expect to be classified next week in class AA or maybe.

11. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

OK I get it.... Thank you all

Im glad I asked and didnt screw up my card.

Has anyone got thier new card yet?

Im n Ma.

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Not yet, I think they usually don't get the new cards out until sometime in november.

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't need a card anymore! They just look over their glasses at me and say "AAA" lol

14. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

They should make a few guys carry a sandbagger card.

15. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Gary-- I can honestly say no one has ever said such a thing about me before. I'm shocked.

Wins marked? We're supposed to mark wins? I don't do that. (I failed coloring in kindy-garten.) I've always just gone under the assumption that they'd use "known ability". I'm going to have to reevaluate my card filling out procedures.

Thanks for the info.

16. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

If memory serves me correctly,when you 1st join you get this funnly little book with your card known as the rule book. I believe if you read this most of your questions will be answered. If you didn't get 1 you can view it by going to this site:
    http://www.shootata.com/Content/About_The_ATA/ATA_Rule_Book.aspx

In my experience as a shooter & many years classifying, this book generally gets tossed with the envelope the new cards came in. ALL shooters should read it & review it annually as the rules do change.

As far as winning multiple D class trophies when shooting scores in the 97-98 range, either someone here is either telling a tall tale or the classifiers were named Ray Charles, Ronnie Milsap, etc!

17. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I don't know about how tall the tale is. I am 6'4", although I am standing on a soap box. That might qualify.

18. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

How many times do you need to set the hook SDS? At this rate you will have a boat full by Sunday night.

19. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Doc Honk--- Sorry for the slow reply today. Buddy of mine took me on my first snipe hunt today. I brought my 28g with me. But he said since it was "early" season we had to "catch" them instead. Weird way to hunt, but I'm the newbie. Made for a loooonnng day. I may have to start a new post on how to "drive" those kind of birds. My buddy never got any to come my way. Maybe his tactics are a little lacking.

In reference to your question about fishing, I use another website to discuss that. Trolling is quickly becoming my favorite way to get into the big ones. In deep waters, jigging with cut bait seems to work too. I'm still perfecting it all.

SDS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

my avg trapshoot