1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Average Card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I just checked the mailbox and my ATA member packet arrive. On the back of the average card what exactly do I fill out when I'm done shooting? Obviously I know to put the date and place down but for the column that says "SGLS" do I put down how many I broke, how many I shot at, how many I broke that I shot at (i.e. 95/100)? As for average do I put down my average for that shoot or overall average? What about the class column, W/T column? I wanted to check before I permanently mess something up with ink.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Date-Club shot at- Number hit only singles/Handicap/ Doubles .
    You will not have an Average untill to shoot 600 Singles then the Average of the 600 Singles .

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Rich try this site you might find it helpful. Some do some don't. It was clear to me when I read it.

Bob Lawless

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks, that link explained it quite well.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Alf isn't quite right. Say at your first shoot you shot at 100 singles, and broke 93. In the singles column list 93, and in the average column also put 93. At your second shoot, say you shoot at 100 singles and break 91. In the singles column write 91, and in the average column write 92 (=(93+91)/2). Say in the third shoot you shoot at 200 singles, and break 185. In the singles column you could write 185, and in the average column write 92.3 or 92.25 (=(93+91+185)/4). What the ATA actually uses is not the "average", but the proportion of targets broken to targets shot at, times 100. If you look at their Shooter Information Center, link above, you will be able to find this information for any given shooter listed as a percentage. Again, (93+91+185)= 369 targets broken, versus 400 targets shot at, gives a proportion of 369/400=0.9225, or 92.25%. You don't need a minimum of 600 targets to run the average, you'll have an average once you shoot at 1 target. However many shoot classifiers won't pay much attention to your average until you have several hundred targets under your belt.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Rich219 If you save that link to your favorites list under ATA you might be able to help someone else that asks in the future.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ata averages
ata shooting averages
average ata shooter
how to many singles targets to create average
how to read ata average card

shoot ata average card

shoot ata average card5500760
trap shooting average card