1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Average Card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SWPAShooter, Jan 10, 2017.

1. SWPAShooter

SWPAShooter Member

For those of you that are ATA members, I have a two part question:

1) Have you had difficulty receiving your average card in the mail this year? I have not received mine, but it is not a big deal to me, since it's easy for me to go online and print mine. However, it is a big deal to some older friend of mine who either don't have computers, or are not PC savvy enough to easily log on and print their cards.

2) Do you think the staff at club events would have an issue accepting someone's average if the shooter took a picture of their average card as shown on the "MyATA" page? I'm thinking I could help my older friends by logging on for them, and taking that picture for them, when we get to an event.

Thanks,

2. henrydog

henrydog Active Member

I have not received the card in the mail. I like it because of it's size, but I normally print mine out since I am horrible at math, and my scores are up and down like a roller coaster. I think the picture this might cause some headaches depending on the personality of the handicapper. I don't see any problem with it, but I don't work the desk.

3. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

That would be better then no ATA card at all.

4. marbax

marbax Well-Known Member

I have seen in some programs that handing them your electronic device is not acceptable. Why wouldn't you just print your friends' cards, then they can keep track from there?

5. hoppe172

hoppe172 Member

Your friend can call the ATA and they will send him an average card immediately.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

If you have ever printed your online average card, you will not be mailed an average card at the beginning of a new year.

Once you print your online average card, the only time you will receive a copy in the mail is if you receive a yardage reduction.

AAtrap thanked this.
  7. dukcall

dukcall Active Member

Call Kathy Key she will mail you one in a few days.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Please don't call Kathy for those things she's not tasked with. Although she will help you (by forwarding your request on to the proper person), it's not her job. She has plenty of other stuff to do.

April Gibson handles memberships and can send you an Average Card if you want one.

April's contact info is here ---> Contact the ATA

grntitan thanked this.
  9. John Henry

John Henry Active Member

I haven't paid my dues yet for this year, last year was my first. I'll get around to it. Probably do a couple small shoots at my home club, like I did last year.

I'll shoot about 13 skeet tournaments, and about half of those are travel shoots (meaning flying to the shoot.)

10. SWPAShooter

SWPAShooter Member

V10, thanks for the good info, I did not know that. I wouldn't bother someone at the ATA with a phone call for something like this. It is simple enough to print them out for a friend. My question about using a picture on a phone was more related to an instance where said friend shows up at a shoot without his or her average card.

Appreciate all the responses :)

11. dukcall

dukcall Active Member

Excuse me, Kathy never told me that.

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

She wouldn't. She'd be polite and help whomever called.

But it's best if people check the ATA contact page and get in touch with the person who's tasked with whatever they have a question about.

In some cases that's Kathy. In other cases it's someone else.

I was talking to Kathy a few years ago at the Grand, back when I was a delegate.

And I mentioned to her that the standard response on TS.com to questions about getting help with ATA issues was "Call Kathy."

She said, "Is that why I get all these calls?" I said, "I'm pretty sure it is."

She laughed about it, but like I said, she has a lot of things to do and being the ATA "operator" isn't one of them.

So, again, people, please look at the ATA contact page and direct your questions to the correct person.

Gussers thanked this.
  13. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think you need to research that some more . After the first time I printed the card off of the ATA website I never again received a new card in the mail with a reduction . I did however receive ATA E-mails telling me of the new earned reduction . I could do nothing and take it or click on the prompt provided to refuse it . I never signed up to print the cards on line , but the ATA forced me into it . I asked Lynn Gipson at the fall shoot if we would still receive a new card at the start of the new target year and he said No . He also told me that any phone or E-mail requests for new cards would be printed on regular paper stock not the cards that we used to get . He said this was to save $$$$ on the cost of the paper .