1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA average card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, May 24, 2013.

1. mich746

mich746 Member

What does the W/T mean on a ATA average card?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Win/Tie

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

See link above.

4. mich746

mich746 Member

so there is no place on the score card to put the number of targets actually shot at............just your score and average. I understand this could be mathematically extrapolated.

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Just print your scores from the website. Saves all that figuring.

6. mich746

mich746 Member

Mikkeeh: How long does it take to have scores posted on the ATA websight? I have shot in two events, one over a month ago and I still have no results on the web.

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Thats a good question. Depends on the club...how soon they submit their scores. Ive had scores posted within a week.....and up to four weeks. They'll get posted eventually. Until then , I guess you'll just have to do the math. Lol

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Don't go by the scores the ATA has. I have had three times when scores were entered wrong by a club. Last week in PA was the third time. Had a 90 in caps 89 posted was to be changed to 90 but as of yesterday not changed on score board. It's up to you to keep a record of your scores. I think it tells you in the rules book not to go by the scores on ATA web site, I could be wrong about that but I seem to remember seeing it somewhere.

9. Beagleman

Beagleman TS Member

You can get an extra card for scores which I picked up at the grand which has a place for your totals and how many 100s you shot.

10. hera200

hera200 Member

Beagleman, sure glad you filled me in on that info as to an extra card for all the 1oo straights I can now keep track of since I was really worried about where to record them with my poor memory. In fact, I have already forgotten even the first one I ever shot but then again the 99's I can remember real well. Actually, I don't think there were a lot of 99's I can recall either but surely there must have been at least one 100 straight or could it be that maybe I really don't need that extra card after all???.......BUD

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

At the top of the main page on this forum it says "My Trap Scores Database". David provided a way to keep your score and titles yet it becomes more and more obvious that no one uses it. As know one ever seems to recommends it.

You might want to check it out as it has a place for all you target totals including targets shot at. Averages in singles, handicap, and doubles.

Bob Lawless

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Bernie K, like everybody else, I keep track between rounds and check the scoresheet before I leave the last trap. I know how many birds I'm down at any point while I'm shooting and what the final score should be.

I think by the time you pull out of the parking lot, your scores are final, right or wrong, promises or no promises from the scoring guy. Most shoot programs give you a fixed amount of time, I think typically an hour, to have your scores rechecked at the scoring desk.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

hera200,

Where did beagleman say "100 straights"? He didn't say "straight", you added that. I believe he was referring to how many 100 targets you shot at in each event.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bob,

I use the feature here at TS.COM to help track my scores but I always forget its there to recommend to others.

14. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

As for the My Trap Scores Database, I use it for every shoot I attend. It is quicker than waiting on the ATA average card on the website, even though it is not official. I would think it would be used a lot. You can transfer the results to your ATA card without having to do the math. The ATA card is supposed to be "official".

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Mich...

I think as you even alluded to, most events are 100 birds. I suppose unless someone is shooting less than 50% in a 200 bird event, its really just the number of events shot by 100, which is why no space is provided...

However, I would've appreciated a space for a Handicap average... since I don't shoot doubles, I use the average space reserved for Doubles.

Jay

16. hera200

hera200 Member

Sorry beagleman ,I think you knew I was just kidding anyway and yes I've never had a problem getting an extra blank card if I wanted one for extra scorekeeping......BUD

17. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If you want to keep track on your card you can do as I do. I keep a running total of current year targets broken in the top of the Class column. Number of hundreds in the Tie triangle. Use .5 for 50s. Divide the number of targets broken by the number of hundreds and you get your average.

I now use the TS.com software and punch in my scores and write in the numbers on my card. I still write the above on the card more out of habit and just in case I need to do manual calculations.

Jason

18. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

Word of advice when you classify make sure you have card or print out .I had a friend classify me last week for the pa state shoot I never looked and just shot. Problem was they said I had 400 birds this year when I had 600 and it was even on there website but at the state shoot they were messed up .So I go out and shoot best I ever shoot 190-200 in singles Saturday which would have give me second place that sucks cause they put me penalty A . Lesson learned do it your self Thanks Rick JUST VENTING IF I HAVE IT ON MY ATA SITE YOU WOULD THINK PSSA WOULD!

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Lesson learned do it your self Thanks Rick JUST VENTING IF I HAVE IT ON MY ATA SITE YOU WOULD THINK PSSA WOULD!"

Rick Just so you will know, according to the rulebook, quote

"2. It is the responsibility of all shooters to see that they are handicapped and classified properly in accordance with these Rules and/or the official program. Any errors made by the classification committee and/or the shooter must be corrected before shooting or the shooter may be subject to disqualification and may be subject to further disciplinary action."

As it says it could have cost you more than a class that you feel you should have been in.

Bob Lawless

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Scores will not be posted on the ATA website until the club pays the daily fees. All scores and fees are supposed to be received by the ATA in 8 days or less. I've mailed scores and daily fees the day after a shoot and sometimes it takes 10 days for the ATA to get that package. (mailed from inside the post office, with their postage machine generated 1.32 stamp on it)

Apparently once mail gets to the Mt Vernon, IL PO, it goes by slow pack mule from there to Sparta. (3 day trip)

Go figure.

Search tags for this page
amatuer trapshooting average card
ata average card
ata average cards
ata averages
ata self -printed average card
ata shooting averages

shoot ata average card

trap shooting average card