1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA annual membership payment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull Bang, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

It is difficult to understand why it takes so long for the staff at the ATA, to process membership payments after they are received!

Back in early August I received my annual membership/dues notice. On 8/4/2013 I sent in my check for the membership, year 2014.

Here it is, over a month since I sent in my check. The check has NOT cleared the bank nor have I received new average card.

Yes, I know I can got to shootata.com and print out an average card, of which I did. I must ASSUME that sooner or later my check will be processed, I can than adjust my check book and look forward to receiving my cards.

Frustrated in Pennsylvania,

Frank

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Must be a bitch for you waiting 2-3 months for match fee checks to clear....

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I wonder what the deal is, its not like they have anything else to do during the month of August or shortly after.

By the way, I paid mine online and it was credited (shootATA average card showed paid through 2014) almost instantly.

Also when I do write a check I deduct the check amount at the same time so my account is adjusted correctly.

4. glenns

glenns Member

I sent my renewal in on 8/13/13 and still have not seen a charge on my credit card account.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Deposited money earns interest for the ATA. May be small change for the organization, but.....

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's that time of the year:

Where's my average card? I sent my check. You can mark your calendar by it.

7. johnny camaro

johnny camaro Member

Paid my membership fees for 2014 three weeks ago. The ATA told me the 2014 cards don't go in the mail until the second week in October.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Renewed my Victoria Secrets card a week ago.

I don't care about the card, just want the catalogs!

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Did thinking before bitching go out of fashion?

Don

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the scratch and sniff Victoria Secrets catalog to come out.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I paid mine 38 years ago, no problems after I finally got the first card I get one once a year ever since ... I don't know when I get but I know I get it, that's for sure ... My Mother always used to tell me when I was a kid "Billy, your going to get it one of these days" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

They must wait for the end of the target year .... and the time they allow for scores to be turned in from all Clubs after 9-13. Your new card will then reflect your proper totals. Receiving new cards in October sounds about right to me!!

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I pay my ATA dues with Paypal... the ATA is set up for it and I find some satisfaction in renewing my shooting sports membership thru an anti-gun group...

Easy and fast... same way I make my donations to TS.com...

Jay

14. alf174

alf174 Member

Pay at your local ATA shoot and keep the receipt as a record that you paid - then it doesn't matter when the ATA processes it, you've got proof. BTW, this is an absolute must if you're going to shoot Michigan's Fall Team Shoot or Middletown's Fall Handicap, both scheduled in September (also bring last year's average card).

15. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

Really? This is a topic worthy to post here? Like, really? Who writes checks anymore...if you're on this web site, then you have a computer, so set up a PayPal account and use it - the results are almost immediate. Then you can use this forum to complain about other, more worthy things like snap caps, the start date of the shooting year, why some trap shooters don't wear hats and how ported barrels make your head hurt, etc.

16. glenns

glenns Member

What's the fun of complaining if someone is going to demonstrate common sense.

17. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Join for life...

18. zzoom

zzoom Member

I write them a check. PayPal is not gun friendly...

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Thankfully bought my life membership back in about '80 when they were 80 bucks...

Ron Burr

20. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I mailed my check to pay the annual dues on August 3rd and it cleared my bank on August 27th. I thought this was real good particularly considering the amount of office work the staff has with the Grand going on at the same time.

Allen

Search tags for this page
ata annual dues
ata shooting membership

can i pay my ata yearly dues online

shoot ata membership