1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA and Weenie Load Shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hit Hard, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hit Hard

Hit Hard TS Member

How come there are so many weenie load shooters who want the ATA to change the rules so that everyone has to shoot their 1 ounce weenie loads? Just because you can't handle a 3 dram 1 1/8 ounce man size load you want to make everyone shoot a little kids load to make it "more fair" for you.

All the crap about saving money is just that, crap. You can't handle the recoil, that is why you shoot weenie loads.

Look, either accept the fact you are going to be at a disadvantage to the guys who can shoot real 12 gauge loads or go shoot .410s on the skeet field with the women and children and quit whining that the ATA should adopt sissy shells.

Deploy Outriggers.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I agree, no changes. allthough i do reload 1oz for pratice shells. prefer factory STS 1200 fps 1 1/8oz for ATA shoots

3. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Hit Hard...where did the 1 1/8 oz. limit come in? Why can't those who want to shoot 1 1/4, 1 1/2 or more do so? Recoil isn't the issue...having fun is. If someone can have fun with a 7/8 oz. load or 1 1/2 oz., so be it. It is pretty well proven that a good shooter with 7/8 oz. loads can consistently beat a so-so macho shooter with 1 1/8 oz. or larger loads. Best Regards, Ed

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The first question I read was "How come there are so many weenie load shooters who want the ATA to change the rules so that everyone has to shoot their 1 ounce weenie loads?"

Pukey Stagg how do your statements fit the first question asked on this thread "Apparently you didn't think about those shooters with physical problems, yet still like to compete because they love the game. And I know you don't want to cut them any slack," if the shooters that have physical problems want to shoot for the love of the game there is nothing that says that they must shoot 1 1/8oz loads so why do so many want to change the rules and make it mandatory to shoot 1oz?. I think it is a interesting question and should be discussed. I don't however think that Hit Hard has the right attitude or tone in his question.

Bob Lawless

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Many like the light loads, and light loads have helped many. Unfortunately, because some like the light loads they believe everyone should like them, and a few believe if everyone was required to use light loads, they eventually would like them.

I would rather see a post such as " I tried 7/8 oz loads yesterday and they worked well. If you have never shot 7/8 oz it is something you might want to try". This is much better than "The ATA should ban all loads heavier than one ounce". I like individual choice.

Pat Ireland

PS- I use a one ounce load for my first shot of doubles and I use a PFS. If that transforms me into a weenie, than I must be one. I am sure that Hit Hard uses super handicap loads for his first shot of doubles. This certainly makes him a very strong man.

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"Apparently you didn't think about those shooters with physical problems, yet still like to compete because they love the game. And I know you don't want to cut them any slack, Mr Hard because you sound like one mean SOB. So go kick some old lady's ass and maybe you'll feel better."

When did competition "dumb-down"?
    How about we change the basketball rules and lower the net to 7 feet, so short guys like me can dunk as easily as those who pros who are six-eleven? That'd be fair, I'd think. :)

How about we just set the box of targets on the roof of the trap house and give everyone 25 shots to obliterate the birds? After all, I have a problem breaking all of them if they are actually flying through the air.... :)

As someone said, if you shoot better with 1oz. loads, then SHOOT 'EM! If you save money by shooting 1oz. loads, then SHOOT 'EM!! I think the ATA should remove all "maximum payload/maximum MV" requirements and let the best man win.

If the ATA wanted to make everything even and reduce costs, they'd place a maximum value on the gun you can shoot in competition...say $1500. That would take care of the shooters with a FINANCIAL problem. :) :)

7. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I followed boxing in the 1970s. There were three boxers who were known to be able to take a punch - Joe Frazier, Muhammed Ali and Jerry Quarry. Joe's not in the best of shape, although a car accident contributed to his decline. Ali's troubles are well documented. Quarry died in 1999 at age 53, after suffering from brain damage for years.

Shoot all the heavy loads you want to.

Danny

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

HELL why not switch to 10 ga's with 36" barrels? That way most guns would weigh at least 10 lbs. That should take out at least half the WEENIE'S that shoot now and most of the new prospects we would have in the future.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

I see some have taken his bait and are floppin on the hooks.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Fishing expedition.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I think I agree with Bob and Pat. I shoot with some guys that use light loads and do well with them. If that is what keeps them in the game, then more power to them. However, I have never heard them say that the ATA should change the rules to make everyone use them. I also don't agree with the concept that the big dogs should have to use lighter loads to even the field.

Also, the "revelation" that a good shooter can beat a so-so shooter is pretty insightful. lol

12. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

As long as the rules are the same for everyone, who cares? If the ATA said "effective with the 2010 target year, max load for 16 yard targets is 7/8 oz of shot" would thousands of shooters quit shooting because now they can't shoot 1 1/8 oz loads?

~Michael

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nah probably not 1000's but more like millions of shooters around the world would end the shooting of registered ATA targets but continue to shoot unregistered birds.

14. vanman

vanman TS Member

code5coupe,

You have the best idea I have heard in a long time ( I'm not joking ). I would like to see separate classes in the " Custom & Standard " areas.

Custom guns shoot against custom guns, standard against standard with championship categories at the state and national level with bragging rights for custom vs standard at the end of the season. No change in current rules just add the two categories.

What a topic of conversation that would be. Does a $10,000 gun break more targets than a $1,500 gun? or! Is it really the person at the trigger?

vanman

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Would that be a pull or release trigger category as well.

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Let's ban the Release Trigger while we're at it....

Everybody shoots from the 27 yd. line.

Doubles from the 25 yd. line.

Let's get some skill back into this mundane game....

It's amazing that people still go after the bait after seeing the hook.

Curt - Delaware

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Curt ... while were at it why not also require that we can only shoot #11 shot and only infront of no more than 2-1/2 drams of powder ... yep now that would really be a good fishing story!

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Good bait....

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

better bait ... and only from a flintlock shotgun.

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

get over yourself!!...it ain't about the recoil..it's about hitting the target...who cares what load you shoot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.