1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA and PayPal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I just logged onto the ATA website to renew my membership and I find out that they use PayPal for their online payments. Why would a gun organization use an anti-gun organization to process their payments? Is it really that hard for them to setup a credit card processing system without having to use PP?

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

PP will alswo take part of the payment when sent. I agree why use them? I will still send a check.

3. smokinold32

smokinold32 Member

It seems like PayPal and other anti-gun/hunting outfits are against our guns ect. till they can make sone money. Like magic everything is O K ! I will also send a check.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Paypal works great.

5. 333t

333t Member

Paypal is a great way of sending money. Sure, there is a fee involved to the receiver of the funds, about the same as a credit card transaction would be. If they were doing this for free I would be suspicious. Paypal chooses not to be involved in sales transactions where FFL's and such are involved. I can understand this since they stand behind the goods that are purchased using their service (such as eBay) With the myriad of firearms laws that we have to deal with it seems like an understandable decision on their part. In a sense, they would become a third party in firearm sales, with no control of the laws and responsibilities of the buyer and seller.

I have used Paypal for years to purchase various gun related items, just not firearms where FFL's are required. Their service has always been first rate and very timely. Just because they don't choose to be involved in firearms sales doesn't mean they are anti-gun. Besides, there are lots of other ways to pay for firearms.

Phil

6. porky

porky TS Member

Any organization that refuses work with legal transactions regarding the sale or transfer of guns is working against the 2ND Amendment. If I remember right, the amendment says something about the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. To keep and bear arms means that you first have to aquire them. Not being able to aquire them is an infringement. You can correct me on that if I am wrong.

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

It's interesting that people approach this topic as zealots. I honestly think it gives gun enthusiasts a bad name. It appears that anyone that is gun agnostic, or gun neutral, gets labeled "anti-gun". The definition of anti is, "one that is opposed". Calling a gun neutral business anti, is in every sense inaccurate, and generally inflammatory.

The problem with being inflammatory is that it can be made to appear that your position and the person espousing it, is unreasonable. Once that inference is in place, then the labels fly, just like gun enthusiasts throw around the word "anti". IMHO it does our cause much more damage to appear unreasonable in our assessment of people and business by labeling them anti, when in fact they are firearm neutral.

Regards,
    Chip

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Git r done, git real.

Banks, restaurants, post offices etc. Don't allow sales of firearms either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.