1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA All American Points frustration

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sddragonfly, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sddragonfly

sddragonfly TS Member

I am getting super frustrated with the ATA. Why aren't the points from summer shoots posted yet. I talked to the clerks from our shoots this summer and they said they submitted them to the ATA prior to the Grand. Grand week is not up yet and now the Grand Pre-lim week scores are missing the competition factor. So, all the standings are way off. Why is this taking so long? If it is software, then it should be uploaded seemlessly and if it isn't we need to invest in something that will work electronically and seemlessly. When is the All-American Team announced typically. I am just frustrated and I get no answers other than they are working on it from the ATA office. I think it is rediculous and I believe I have been very patient.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The teams are announced in January. They have never been done before about mid-November and they needed a _lot_ of correcting after that. You can keep track of your own just using the rule book and counting your trophies, more or less.

Neil

3. sddragonfly

sddragonfly TS Member

It is for my son who is very excited about his standings, he just turned 14 and is in total love with Trap. I just want it for him.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Well, in that case, I'll go into this a little more.

On page 58 and following of the rulebook and following you will find out how the point-system works. If you go back over his records and see where he shot that are likely to get points: S. Grands, Zone shoots, State shoots, the Grand, and a few others. If you don't know the comp factor, remember the Grand is ten, the prelim Grand is 8, big state shoots will be above 5 and average and below will be 4 or less.

The S. Grands were four or higher this year.

The trophy points are pretty easy to figure out, the tie points are tougher, but since it's the former that handle most of the action, that will get your son in the ballpark.You will find it takes quite a bit of time.

Once you've done that take his four or five shoots and multiply by fifteen or twenty or more, then make it not one Sub-Junior but hundreds of adults, Juniors, Ladies, Chairshooters, Vets, and Sr. Vets. Then estimate just how long that would take, and look around here for all those people who want their new cards, and reductions, and meeting minutes and see that all that takes time as well. Now add all that time together.

Neil

5. alf174

alf174 Member

Easy there D-fly, things feel like they go even slower when we're impatient. Your anxiety is not a good lesson for your son. In years past, those All American results have changed right up to the very last minute.

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Yep one of the more important piecies of information, the darn All American points are hard to come by, and when I earn them I want to make sure I am not getting cheated. That bunch at ATA sure takes there sweet time!

Ronbo

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Dear Wannabees father - for your own mental health, I advise that you stop living your life vicariously through your son. The results will come out.

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

One would think that in this day and age, computer entrys would be a piece of cake. I assume the ATA folks enter scores and points daily as they come in? Or do they wait and do it "monthly"? Keep in mind, they are waiting for data that comes from all over the US, and when you assume it's being expidited,....Well you know the rest of the story.

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

My understanding is that this year they implemented a new system and couldn't enter things until it was totally done. I know they are working hard to get it out at the normal time......it is always tough to wait and wonder, but remember, there are MANY things that come into play for the AA team. #'s shot and places shot, have to meet ALL of the requirements and they have to check all of that information.......sometimes people haven't shot 3 states.......or sometimes not enough targets etc. The numbers of shooters especially in the sub junior and juniors has risen in the past 3 years, quite a bit and more kids have the point spread between them........takes a great deal of time to sort out everybody. Be patient. It is a great thing when you get that letter! Good luck to your son....I sent you a personal email as well...let me know if you need to vent...lol.or if I can help........ been there. :eek:)

Lorna Hull
    mom to Bryan Hull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
2016 ata all american points

ata all american points

ata all american points 2016
ata all-american points
ata sub junior all-american points standing