1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA\AIM and MidwayUSA rumors...WHAT ARE THE FACTS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

What I’m looking for is the cold hard facts regarding the ATA’s discussions with the MidwayUSA Foundation and this supposed huge amount of money the ATA walked away from. I want to know all the details, from both sides, and why they could not come to some sort of agreement. What I’m not looking for is hearsay and other gossip about what happened.

It’s September and its renewal time for the ATA and AIM. I have 40 young people who are waiting for me to tell them whether or not our team will be participating in the ATA and its youth program this year. I want to give the ATA every benefit of the doubt and I want nothing more than to find out all of the fact from both sides however if it comes out that the rumors that I’m hearing are true, my youth shooting program will no longer be affiliated with the ATA and their AIM program.

I’ll start:

Fact #1, Officials representing the ATA met with officials representing the MidwayUSA Foundation (Potterfield’s, Scholastic Shooting Trust, whoever) earlier this year for discussions.

Fact #2, During their discussions, the Potterfield’s made an offer that if ATA would raise target fees by $1 per hundred and place that amount into a youth shooting endowment for ATA that they would match that amount.

Fact #3, Officials within the ATA reviewed the MidwayUSA proposal and thought raising the target fees to put toward this effort would have very little support. To date, the people at MidwayUSA have not heard back from the ATA regarding this still standing offer.

I hope this helps clear things up a little. Although disappointed that the ATA and MidwayUSA couldn't come to some sort of agreement, the accusations that the ATA just walked away from a bunch of free money are just not true.

I plan to us this information, along with my personal experiences with the program, and decide if the team will be participating in the AIM program next year.

2. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Roger, The officals who met with Midway would be the only people who could give you all the facts. I think I would try to contact those people. Hoosier

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Um, by any chance have you written down your concerns, sent them to the proper parties at the ATA, and asked them to address your concerns???

Or, are you just feeling lucky?

4. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

That's old news, two years ago.

Midway gave 3.5 mil to sctp program.

Contact the director of sctp and ask your question.

They might tell you.

Barry Kemper

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

OBTW. Great place to ask about facts, nobody uses there name or tells the truth. not the site it used to be.

Barry Kemper

6. roger8918

roger8918 Member

hoosier and BigM-Perazzi, Yes, I'm currently trying all avenues. There are people who participate on this site that have the answers. I'm hoping that they will share.

7. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Barry, the people I know in the SCTP are very tight lipped when it comes to the subject.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Barry,

What does the SCTP have to do with the money offered to AIM?? Or is this the kind of non-factual info you speak of?

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Officials representing the ATA met with officials

And, they reported back to the ATA board what?

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

yep that's it grntitan, you got me.

11. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Bottom-line, did the ATA really turn down thousands of dollars that could have gone into the endowment accounts of their AIM teams?

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So if the ATA did in fact turn down money you are going to punish the kids by not letting them shoot in the ATA AIM program? And the purpose of that decision would be? Just wondering.

13. roger8918

roger8918 Member

likes-to-shoot, punish? No...

There are other youth shooting programs out there, we would just move the programs efforts under one of these other programs. Kids would still be shooting, just not in my program under the ATA.

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Well, this is certainly the place to come for "facts".........good luck!

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Roger,

You are obviously on a witch hunt. I believe no answer given even if factual would satisfy your agenda. I believe no answer given no matter the reason would make you change your mind that I'm pretty sure is already made up. I believe you think you already know the answer and just want to put a target up and throw stones.

Sometimes decisions are made that are not favorable or popular by all. You wanna change stuff? Put yourself in a position within the ATA where you can make difference instead of hunting down those who already did that.

Lastly, if you want facts, go to the source. The folks that post on here may or may not know that answer but they are by no means required to participate in your witch hunt. I doubt they will even respond. I don't blame them.

16. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Roger,

Send the ATA, Wagner, Gipson and whoever else is involved in the AIM program an e-mail and flat out ask them. I doubt you will get an answer, though. At the Coaches meeting on Sunday at this years AIM Nationals, we were told to let them know by e-mail our concerns over the changing of dates, etc. for the AIM event this year. The meeting was quite ..heated with a lot of aggravated coaches questioning the whole process from dates, scoring system etc. Wagner stated that all concerns would be considered before they set anything for next year.

Obviously that was BS because the dates were set at the Delegate meeting the next week for next year. Again, the kids will be shooting the 4 days prior to the Pre-lims.

I don't think, and it is my opinion, that they give a crap whether the kids are there or not, They just want the money the coaches, kids and parents spend.

17. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

grntitan are you a relative of the Parkers in Illinois.

Barry Kemper

18. roger8918

roger8918 Member

grntitan,

You obviously don't have a clue what my intentions are. I'm not on a witch hunt I just want the FACTS! My team has been a member of the AIM program since it started so I want nothing other than to find out the FACTS about the parent organization that my team is under. If those FACTS happen to uncover that my team is suffering monetarily because of the ATA’s actions, I will need to consider that when I make decisions regarding my programs future. What is so difficult about that to understand?

19. roger8918

roger8918 Member

BigBadBob,

I did send the ATA an email....so far no reply.

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

How about an old fashioned letter???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.