1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

At Which Shoot can I Try a K80 Pro Rib or Max T/A?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I want to try these two this spring and summer, but I don't know anyone at my club that has these.

At which shoots in the North East (driving distance from NYC) can I try these? Preferably some reasonable distance from NYC, not like a 10 hour drive out to OH.

Thanks

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

contact Clay Target Sports....they are a Krieghoff and Kolar dealer and they do visit NJ/NY/PA shooting events. Thier 2010 shoot schedule has not been posted on their website so best to give them a call.

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

You might find a good reason to go to FL in march and shoot the Southern Grand.

I am sure you can try them out there.

Ron Burdick

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Thanks I already spoke with Chris and will try to set something up this year. He mainly visits Sporting events, but I will talk to him in a little bit about whether he can get a combo for a demo.

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

nooo don't tease with the pictures :)

I certainly appreciate the offer, but you're 185 miles and 3 hours from me...a bit too far.

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

vpr80: Why go anywhere? Dupont, in Florida, will send you a K-80 and a Max T/A for trial. Then you can shoot them at your own club. I don't know all the details but here is their phone number. (800) 735-4867. Have Fun. Dave T.

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

very interesting idea...will def check it out...thanks!

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

John Allem, in eastern PA, is a big time Krieghoff dealer and has a trapfield in back of his shop

Ed Yanchok

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Alright seems I have a few options for K80....how about finding a Kolar to try?

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

At one time you could have a gun sent to you to try out. There was some money you had to pay to do so but it was a small amount. You had the gun for a week or more. You can call a dealer or the head quarter to find out more.

11. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Dupont also sells Kolar. Both guns from Dupont. I agree, Allem is a fantastic dealer. They treat people like family up there. Dave T.

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Not to keep this thread going but how are you going to determine which gun is best for you? They are both well balanced, sweet guns. Going from a Citori Plus to a K-80 was like night and day. What helped me, as a starting point, was to take all the measurments off my Citori Plus(that's if your gun is fitted right) and had the patterning sheets. Over the years I've had to make further adjustments, mostly with the POI. And I've been told my stock is still too long(I don't believe the inch between the nose to thumb theory) but I shoot very well with it. Just curious. Dave T.

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Good Luck, Two beautiful guns, it will take time. Best you just buy both and spend the rest of your life deciding.

Joe Woods/Ontario

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You can try my Max T/A if you want to come to Idaho. I purchased my Kolar and my friend purchased his K80 pro rib the same day. They are both great guns and are the cream of the crop. With that said I have noticed the Kolar has raised $500 in the last month but is still at least $3000 less money.

15. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

goose, hum...i wonder how much a plane ticket costs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.