Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AT&T IS CHICKEN

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ivanhoe 
#1 ·
Well if it don't beat all. Tex employers are supposed to insure that employees have 2 hrs off to go vote today, and U guesssed it Wife asked to get off early enough to go vote and was denied. We've got call in to Tex sect'y State as we speek. If They dont do something I hope the SOBs get fined and the Mgr that made the refusal gets to find another place to work. Knew they were bad but didn't think that they would blatently break the law.

Bob

#2 ·
Our company HR Manager Nazi sent out an email to everyone telling us that we have to give 2 days notice when we want the 2 hours off to go vote. The problem is she sent it to us on Monday, the day before the election.

Nice!

#4 ·
Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 115
Election Authorities and Conduct of Elections
Section 115.639

August 28, 2008

Three hours off work to vote--interference by employer a class four offense.
115.639. 1. Any person entitled to vote at any election held within this state shall, on the day of such election, be entitled to absent himself from any services or employment in which he is then engaged or employed, for a period of three hours between the time of opening and the time of closing the polls for the purpose of voting, and any such absence for such purpose shall not be reason for the discharge of or the threat to discharge any such person from such services or employment; and such employee, if he votes, shall not, because of so absenting himself, be liable to any penalty or discipline, nor shall any deduction be made on account of such absence from his usual salary or wages; provided, however, that request shall be made for such leave of absence prior to the day of election, and provided further, that this section shall not apply to a voter on the day of election if there are three successive hours while the polls are open in which he is not in the service of his employer. The employer may specify any three hours between the time of opening and the time of closing the polls during which such employee may absent himself.

2. Any employer violating this section shall be deemed guilty of a class four election offense.

(L. 1977 H.B. 101 § 15.025)
Effective 1-1-78

#5 ·
prob is we live in diff county than she works. But that is all moot now, the sec state office got old of big cheese (mgr Tex Div) on conf call locals got reamed and she on way to poll as we speak, Who says calling state gov doesnt do any good Now if only the right guy wins

bob

#9 ·
Why not absentee Vote and still take the last three hours of the day off? Or maybe do the absentee vote and ask for the three hours extra pay for not taking the three hours off? Or maybe, just maybe, do your duty, as a citizen of the USA, VOTE and quit whinning.
I have traveled as many as 190 days a year in my job, all over the USA and other countries in the last 39 years. I have not missed a single opportunity to cast my VOTE during an election year. It just takes a little planning, most important things do.

#10 ·
Wow I never heard of anyone getting even a hour off from work to go vote anytime I vote I have to do it before or after I get off from work.

Ok im out in the country and went yesterday at 9:15 A.M. and took 5 minutes there was 6 in front of me well I agree with shootlow & 391 shooter if it is that important then either take a half day vacation day or do an absentee vote it is not like the election was just thought up a week before November 4th.

Im geting ready to pay my AT&T cell phone bill in a few minutes online so do I need to bitch at them for not letting some of my fellow shooter's not having an extra 2 hours off.

Ok I don't know how many works at the place but im sure it got milked pretty good just think how much it cost the company to let them off.

I always try to do my personal stuff on my off time myself.

Foggy

#11 ·
Interesting question. How many go vote and come right back as opposed to voting then screwing off for the full 2 or 3 hours.

Texz: I am sure the manager will remember at review time.

The UAW got the whole day off, pretty soon they won't have a job so it won't matter.

Don

#12 ·
So all of you have all the answers. Well here is scenario a person known to me starts work at 8 AM he has a 1 and 1/2 HR ride to work(one way)he gets out of work a 7 PM. The polls open at 7 AM and Close at 8 PM How does he vote????

Shoot-at-em

"I never understood why folks can't make to the polls. I worked a 24 hour shift (fire dept.)for over 19 years in another state and never missed an election."

So can you explain how you accomplished this amazing feat with out taking time of??

Bob Lawless

#15 ·
Big Don, FYI, Tex. pols open from 7am to 7pm. Wiffey works 8:30 to 5:30pm with 1hr for lunch. 45 min travel time from home to work if no traffic. Therefore no time to vote before work as co made no arrangements to come in late. Wasnt wanting 2hr free ride from co (ATT). Just wanted to leave early enough to Have 2hr window to vote ie 5pm as dictated by state law. Sometimes it seems that mid-management doesnt really care about the people that work under them, just whatever they can do to make themselves look good.

Oh well, it all hist now. maybe she go shoot with me tomorrow.

Starting to shoot trap, had her ccw permit since first issued by state, if i could just get her to point instead of aim.

Bob

#16 ·
Bob L: You can get an absentee ballot for just because. If you can't get to the polls for any reason would/should qualify you. I voted in our primaries in August by absentee as I was at the Grand and they wanted to send me a absentee ballot for this election.

Bob: Doesn't Texas allow you to vote if you are in line when the polls close at 7:00. It is a matter of who is inconvenienced your wife or her employer. Maybe if you spent some time in that Mid=manger's shoes you would understand a little better. I only have 5 employees(women) and it is a constant stream of requests for time off, actually yesterday I had 3 requests for various reasons from 3 of them.

Point is, if you want to vote you can.

Don

#17 ·
BIGDON

"Maybe if you spent some time in that Mid=manger's shoes you would understand a little better. I only have 5 employees(women) and it is a constant stream of requests"

Don did you realize that texaszephyr is talking about his wife's manager breaking the law.

"Have 2hr window to vote ie 5pm as dictated by state law."

I don't know about the rest here but a Mid=manager shoes can't justify breaking the law. You or I may not agree with the law but there is no justification for breaking it and I hope the company gets their Ass in a serious jam.

BTW thank you for the information about the absentee ballot I never new that and it comes in useful.

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.