1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

At my club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TipTop, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TipTop

TipTop Member

I was shooting at my local gun club this weekend, I was having a fun
    day with guys and just enjoying myself. I had not shot in 4-5 weeks and
    decided to shoot doubles and caps with a friend.

I shot caps pretty good from the back fence but my doubles were horrible,
    I just kept getting annoyed at the 5-7 guys that were on the deck behind
    me talking. They were right behind me talking about me, how rude.

Talking about "I dont like his body language" and things of that nature.

Can anyone say shut up to the people that talk to much and keep their mouths
    quiet about other people.

needed to vent that.

NJ club.

2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Yep, sure can might do them a little good.
    Carey

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

People that talk about others in that matter are usually hiding their own issues. They try to divert attention from their own sorry a&& lives. Try to tune them out and ignore their ignorance. They shouldn't be talking so loud that you can hear them with earplugs while shooting. I would have said something to them but thats me. Glad you got to get out and shoot though.

For what its worth, you are supposed to tune everything out and clear your mind to shoot. Thats tough when you have a-holes behind you like that.

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

at one of the clubs I shot at it was to be expected, they would pull every lousy trick out of the book to get your mind in a fuzz, even to the point of having their women being lewd and uh... obnoxious.

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Yup turn around and say Excuse me if you wanna pay for the shells and targets I will shoot till I meet your expectations, or please quit talking.

I have spun around and yelled at kids at my club 1 of which was my own makeing the screaming noise who was told to sit in the chair and watch.

It is your club as well as anyone elses that is a member and everyone deserves the same courtesy.

Jerry

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Just turn the music up. Problem solved.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Not at our club (Mallard) since we didn`t shoot doubles or handicap but I feel for you frustration during a fun day . We don`t talk about shooters unless they have the wrong attire !!!!

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

This past Saturday I shot in a tournament sponsored by the Fulton County, Il. Farm Bureau and shot it last year too. Attendance has been dropping so they opened it up to non members last and this year. It was supposed to start at 9:00 and started after 9:30. We were done by 12:30 which included lunch and an Annie Oakley shoot.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

This past Saturday I shot in a tournament sponsored by the Fulton County, Il. Farm Bureau and shot it last year too. Attendance has been dropping so they opened it up to non members last and this year. It was supposed to start at 9:00 and started after 9:30. We were done by 12:30 which included lunch and an Annie Oakley shoot.

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Only one club in NJ that has a deck for the critics to sit on and critique. It must have been North Jersey and I must have been one of the ones sitting on the deck.

Ed Yanchok

What made you think that they were talking about you??

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Happened at my club about two weeks ago. As I came off the line one guy told me I had chicken legs. I put my hands under my armpit, waived my elbows and made a clucking sound. Than siad how do you like that imitation and akk had a laugh. Unlike the original poster here we are all friends and always jerk each other around. Bulge.

12. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

I wear ear plugs and ear muffs - can't hear anything. Billy

13. James.c

James.c Member

its pretty good at our club. unless someone asks for help then the only people on the line are the shooters and the puller

14. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Somtimes a little extra body language is in order to people who can't seem to keep their mouths shut. Turn around, smile, extend the arm of your choice and raise middle finger of that hand. Usually gets the point across without the need to repeat.

JK

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You should consider yourself lucky that they weren't Skeeters chatting it up about your "body language" with their Cat calls and lispy lingo that only they understand. It can be very disturbing.

16. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Just concentrate more on YOUR performance. I say don't let em bother you.It doesn't matter anyway what they think. Or after the round ask THEM for some advice as thet ctitiqueed your whole round--out loud.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe your body language needs a little work ..? I mean 5 to 7 guys can't all be wrong can they ..? They were probably trying to help ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

WPT may be right . Shaking your butt before each shot is just not proper !!!!

19. TipTop

TipTop Member

Thanks to all that have commented!

Just to answer a few questions and comment:

1.) I concentrate very hard, but when your standing on the 27 yard line and they are 10 feet behing you, its a little hard to ignore.
    2.) Help - obviously they were not trying to help, if they were they would have asked to talk to me and let me know what they felt I could improve upon. They just chatted kinda behind my back.
    3.)For the most part, know one bothers me. But this time their comments
    were just uncalled for.

Thanks Ya'll (please let this tread die now)

20. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

If it's the incident that I'm thinking about and it was in fact at North Jersey, there was only one critic and as I recall he was only commenting to the others about the shooters unorthadox shooting stance.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.