1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

At Least Three Hole + Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rayman, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayman

rayman Member

I invite you all to come to Snake Road Gun Club, (Mansfield, Ohio area) September 5th, for our monthly
    60 bird protection shoot. We throw 3 hole or more targets, depending on the weather. Shoot a good score and you will win $. Scores are not bunched up at the top.
    We throw a tough target and everyone who comes to this event believes they are going to have a chance at winning.Tough targets are the equalizer.
    Many very good shooters do attend this shoot and unlike the horse races the favorites do not always win.
    Let me know if you need directions.

Ray

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

zzzzzztttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt......

Best way I could think to type out the sound of bait being cast...

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Starting to get the eye twitch!

;-(

4. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

jevoliva,

No bait being cast here! Ray speaks the truth. I have shot Snake Road and Bucyrus several times with shooters you would know (Drew Waller and Brad Dysinger to name a couple) and it is a fun but often humbling experience. Many of Ohio's top registered shooters attend and try their hand. I cordially invite you to give it a try. This shoot used to be run by our own Rodney Stumbo of Rod's Custom Stocks. Be warned - there are no 3 hole 50 yard targets thrown at this club! Rod told me they set the speed by cranking the spring until every target breaks coming off the arm, then they back it down just a hair! If you don't like getting a right hand target from post 1 then this shoot would not suit you. LOTS OF CASH TO BE WON!!!

Don Cogan
    OSTA Director

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Don, that would also mean a a tough left from post 5 too huh!! :)

There's another small club in Ohio that does throw ATA regulation targets that can be testy also. Morgan Co. GC, sits on top of a big hill and the wind directions can change quicker than one can change his mind! I've always loved shooting there on windy days, it can be very humbling if your wanting to protect an average but it's a very fun place with great food and even greater people hanging out there and having a ball! Hap

6. rayman

rayman Member

Gentlemen,

For those who don't like the 4 hole targets - starting September 5th (this Saturday) we will have a 30 bird mini protection program prior to the 60 bird.
    The 30 bird will be in 3 hole all 30 to be shot from 1 trap. We will use 2 traps set as close as possible, you will draw a card to pick your trap. Entry will be $20 per team with 70% pay back - 50/30/20 stricktly a pot shoot.
    This mini program will start at 6:30pm.
    The 60 bird will auction after the mini. 1 1/4 oz. shot max allowed both programs.
    We hope to see some new faces along with the hard core protection shooters who never miss coming each month.

Ray

7. rayman

rayman Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.