1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

At least his heart was in the right place

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The story about the NYC cop that bought the homeless guy some boots?

Turns out the "homeless" guy has an apartment, provided by the VA, but he does not want to live in it.

Sad.

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Panhandling is easier than working for a living and pays better too.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

No taxes, either. Mental illness can be a difficult master. Bill Malcolm

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Does anybody READ!!!!

The person said he was greatful.

But said wearing those boots could get him killed.

I suppose you would not believe that...no that could not happen,,,impossible right?

It not only could happen, but most likely would happen!

GS

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And another fabricated story by The Acme of Stupidity

Midalake has inside info on everything, be is a savant

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Cat,

That information is not fabricated! It is information provided in an article on Yahoo, because the Veteran was not wearing his boots! Maybe, you should look into that before the insults!

Galt,

You are a complete idiot! You prove it every time you post!

7. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

SFLyn midalake, Did you guys read the full article? Left the boots at home because they could get him killed.

His brother says he has a place to live, but that he has chosen the lifestyle he has now.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

"Mental illness can be a difficult master."

I think this about sums it up.

9. Stl Flyn

RWT,

Did you read the Article???????????? Did your interpretation of what you read, get lost?

"Those shoes are hidden," Jeffrey Hillman, the 54-year-old homeless man, told the New York Times. "They are worth a lot of money—I could lose my life."

Where do you get, "left the boots at home"?

"We love our brother very much," Kirk Hillman told the Daily News. "Our door is always open to him, but this is a lifestyle he's chosen."

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Seems the part about the ungrateful sob now threatening to sue because his picture was used without his permission was convienently left out.

"He says he's grateful for the gift, but he wants "a piece of the pie" because the photo was posted online "without permission."

11. Stl Flyn

It is in the article. He does not say he is suing yet, but it is there. Once the lawyers find him, I am sure they will try to convince him to sue.

"I was put on YouTube," he told the paper. "I was put on everything without permission. What do I get? This went around the world, and I want a piece of the pie."

The worst thing about this whole deal, is this is a Veteran. Whether it be pride, or mental illness that is keeping him on the street. He does not, and should not be ridiculed, and disrespected, IMO. What did he do to deserve this? He was just someone that fell through the cracks of society, minding his own business, doing what he had to, to survive. Sad.

12. Stl Flyn

If everyone just leaves him alone, I would think not.

13. Catpower

Jon I heard a conflicting story, so who's story is right

I know yours, at least that is what you will claim

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The fact is the man is falsely representing himself as homeless with no options and is begging for handouts. The fact is, he does have options. I don't give a rats behind what he says the reason is he isn't wearing the recently acquired footwear. You know and I know the real reason is to strengthen his persona of homelessness/penny less and increase his begging bottom line. It worked when the NY Cop saw him shoeless.

15. Stl Flyn

Cat,

Post the link to your conflicting story. "I heard" don't fly! That is called "hearsay" in a court of law. Not allowed!

Also why exact quotes, and reference to whom said such is important.

16. Catpower

So now we are in a court of law

I can't post the or cite the story I heard it on the tractor radio yesterday when I was plowing, I think the station is an ABC affiliate

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

"The Acme of Stupidity", that's funny Cat. Yes, this forum is a legal court of law according to Fartie. Unfortunately for him, the jury has determined that he's a __________ (what he thinks Zimmerman said).

If you want to have some fun, just ask one of these "homeless" people carrying a sign saying something like "Homeless, will work for food" it they actually would like to have a day of work doing something like building fence and see what they say. Tried this numerous times but none have ever actually wanted to work- they make far more money panhandling because of moronic liberals.

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

NEVER give to panhandlers and bums, they are either drunks, druggies or just professional panhandlers!
    I had the opportunity to spend some time in Italy with my exchange student daughter last spring, we toured Florence with another girl who had done some studies in Florence, one of her projects was to track a fat old panhandler woman, I had run across this woman one morning with my daughter, just rattling a cup with coins near a tourist area, later the friend advised that this was the woman she tracked for a day, the woman made many runs down an alley to dump coins into a bag, then hit the bank to deposit....Her professor advised that these beggars cleared 150k Euros/ year, paying No taxes!! That's more than $150 k
    Moral of the story....don't feed the animals, they will just depend upon you and bite your hand when the feeding stops!

19. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The real victim in this story is the cop, who spent a day's pay on good boots. Wouldn't it be nice if he got a gift?

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Oh please, the cop wasn't a victim, he was a sucker. He got his gift, he learned a very important lesson- Don't be a sucker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.