1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AT^A should create this Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Create Certified 3 hole 50 yard target settings checked by Honest ATA DELEGATES at the beginning of that GUN CLUB to CERTIFY THE TARGET SETTINGS

ATA To Establish a $5,000 dollar minimum payout for accomplishing this feat.

To be paid for by adding .50 cents to the daily fees thats 10,000 ATA registered events, after 10,000 registered events .50 cents per event is added to the $5,000.00 to create an even larger jackpot or the creation of another $5000.00 back-up 3 hole 27 yard 100 Straight Jackpot.

The ATA could purchase an Insurance policy from Lloyds Of London or any Insurance Company to gaurantee this payout and have certification of the 3 hole target settings by that Participating Gun Club, And only those Participating Gun Clubs Can Offer that Gauranteed $5,000.00.

This could be increased to $50,000.00 by an insurance company policy paid for by the ATA on Certified 3 hole Targets By Certified Gun Clubs.

This would create an UN EQUALLED COMPETETION and must be shot with 3 Dram New Factory Shells, w/inspection of Shells Required.

THIS WOULD BE AN INCENTATIVE OF UNEQUALLED COMPETETION.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longhshot

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Honest ATA DELEGATES

Have no idea what your talking about and the requirement for 3 Dram shells, but,

Are you saying we have dishonest ATA DELEGATES?

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

First, what is the feat you are talking about? Kinda important to tell us what it is, don't you think? EDIT - sorry, I didn't see it buried in there. Looks like everyone pays the extra fees but only 27 yarders can win?

4. Dr.Longshot

870 the thread says it all re-read it.

The insurance company that gaurantees the money will need certified target setters I bet for them to offer that payout.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot is off his meds again.

Buck

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

LS:

Just step back and imagine ATA did what you propose. Now critique it the way you do everything else ATA does.

Let's see, it would go along these lines: "Can you believe ATA raised fees on all shooters, even those that only shoot singles? BUT, can you believe this, they are only going to pay the extra money out to those darn 27 yard pros! Then, they are going to raise another extra fee on EVERY EVENT (I assume just caps here although you are't clear), again only going to the big dogs."

7. Dr.Longshot

870 I guess you cannot handle the 27 yard line and it's rewards, but it is your usual criticizing everything I post.

Top Dog 27 yard shooters do like this idea?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

No LS, just showing you what would be said from the viewpoint you usually take on ATA matters.

Post something that makes even SOME sense for once, and I'll back you up. This falls way short.

9. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

This is the dumbest idea of all time. Damn long yardage shooters!!

10. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

DLS:

I don't get your thinking on this one. Most, or many is probably more accurate, claim the 27 yarders, and especially the Big Dogs, take the other shooter's money.

Now, it seems that you want all the other shooters to pay for the 5K or more jackpot for the 27 yarders and Big Dogs.

I'm sure the ATA EC, which some claim read all the posts here, are chomping at the bit to enact this bit of insanity-not.

Of course, any club could set this up for their club members, a non-registered event. For example, at the CC, this could be part of the State Shoot or any other program without involving the ATA.

Bob

11. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

An insurance company, even Lloyds, would not go for this set up. It's not that they won't insured "perfect scores" but they'd want it to be on one event, not 10,000. You're suggesting, if I understand correctly, to have the $5,000 available to win from any event that meets the criteria.

The way these things are normally priced is at about 10% of the prize per event. So, it would cost $5,000,000 to insure 10,000 $5,000 prizes ($500 per event).

I agree with all the replies regarding the masses paying for the opportunity of a few. This wouldn't need to be a 27 yard only thing.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Silly trolls......

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

This is BS thread #4003.

So glad you are now a Insurance expert, they wouldn't touch you with a 10 ft pole. Also you better get your butt in gear if you are going to qualify, seeing as how you are on the 22 and will need to gain 5 yards to be a "little pup 27 yarder".

Don

14. targetbreaker

targetbreaker Active Member

I read back-up 27 yard is that what your trying to get started?

if so go to snake road shoot 1st saterdaynight of the month.

rules checking the A T A DOES NOT check now for this, oh there crap in the book,

but I have not seen anyone doing anthing about it, rules are broken all the
    time at A T A shoots.

its all about the money. club makes a little ata, and state.

no-one does anything about the cheating going on now.

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Dr L, so is every shooter that registers targets going to be charged. 50 per hundred regardless of yardage?

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Target breaker how some examples of cheating happening. Name some names and places. Your empty accusations are nothing. I shoot at various clubs around the country and I don't see any rampart or for that matter any so-called cheating.

It's put up or shut up time.

Don

17. targetbreaker

targetbreaker Active Member

bigdon i guess you don't know when folks a shooting a big load 1 1/4 or bigger.

it goes on alot, and some folks have had a few to maney to be on the firing line.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How is a drunk guy cheating? Unsafe yeah but cheating???

Fact is, you have no proof of cheating. I'm with Don, name some names and places. None of this "I bet they are cheating" BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.