1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

assistance on removing reciever from stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RMR, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMR

RMR Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I have a 2008 browning citori XT plus trap gun that I am going to get the stock refinished. I need to remove the reciever from the stock prior to shipping the stock and forarm. I have never done this before and would like some advice. I did know how to remove the browning recoil pad.

However- when I look down the hole in the back of the stock where the reciever bolt is located- thats where Im not sure what to do. First of all at the bottom of the hole there is a round metal plate whith another hole in it. I assume I dont need to do anything with this plate. When I look down the hole in the center of the metal plate I see what I assume is the reciever bolt( I think thats what it is called). Id doesnt accept a philips or straigh srewdriver. I suspect its a special headed wrench that I will need. Are these "special" wrenches something I should be able to find at most gunshops??? If not where is a good palce to locate them on line, And what are they called
    Thansk RMR
  2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    If you have a 1/4" drive socket set, buy a 1/4" drive 5mm Allen socket at an auto parts store. Stick it on a 6 inch extension and you're good to go. Remove the adjustable comb first to clear the hole.

Or you can call Browning service and have them send you the proper wrench for $11 as Browning PN B1337207.

<center>Browning Parts<br>
    One Browning Place<br>
    Arnold, Missouri 63010<br>
    Fax: 800-817-4755</center>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.