1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Assault on Liberty Continues

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jimrich60, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

In the face of growing resistance to such direct assaults on freedom and liberty as "Obamacare" and other direct legislative assaults (or perhaps in spite of), Obama has announced a new and unprecedented intrusion into our childrens schools with a direct, apparently closed circuit like "speech" to all public school children on 8 Sept. He has even provided a guidance memorandum for both teachers and students on what to do to prepare for the "speech, how to listen to Obama, and how teachers and students should prepare plans and establish goals to "help the President", although the administration has so far refused to reveal what will be contained in the speech. (although he campaigned on openess and transparency, the Obama administration is possibly the most secretive in history). While Obama could simply want to use the start of the school year to encourage children to study hard, I suspect this is simply another way to attempt using children to influence their parents acceptance of Obamacare and other government expansionist policies, with children being encouraged to "persuade" their parents. In fact, much as Obama has already admitted the government will be using children to obtain census data that their parents might not be willing to give the government. There is some speculation that Obama may also use the occasion to encourage children to join some sort of "youth corps" , but again, the administration is refusing at this point to tell the people (in this case, the childrens parents) what he intends to tell them without parental knowledge or permisssion.

Jim R

2. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

If this doesent scare the crap out of you I don't know what will. To be fair, I have not been an Obama supporter from the begining, however, his agenda is far more radical than even I imagined. I find it funny (and scary) that he is always touring the country "trying to sell his..... plan" I don't think he gets it, he should not be "selling" us anything. This is our country and if we want X reform we will contact our representatives. He should not be shoving his idealogies down our throat in the name of our best interest. I see alot parallels between his propoganda/bully techniques and those used in current and former communist regimes. Please Mr. Obama just LEAVE US ALONE!!!

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If this bothers you that much there is a simple answer. Keep your children out of school on the 8th.

Bob Lawless

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You can bet my classes won't be watching

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

No, many of us are not surprised. Just dismayed that few seem to have any great objection to this usurpation of the nations children in the cause of marxism. By the way "Gleichshaltung" is the German for "great coordination" and once in place in Germany in the 30s, allowed the Nazis to subvert the language and culture of Germany. It gave government cover to the increasing anti-semitic movement leading up to Kristallnacht (night of broken glass). Don't think it takes much imagination to see what the MSM, ACLU and other leftist organizations would have said if, say Bush, had tried to address the nations school children in a closed circuit public school session to explain Iraq, or the War on Terror for instance.

Jim R

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank you for the warning. I would have insisted on attending my daughter's school to watch, but I have put in her in private school half way across the country. My sister works for the school system in Shelby County, Alabama, and I will forward this to her so she can fill me in after she watches it.

I encourage all parents to call their school district and ask to sit in on the broadcast, and then talk with their children about it after school if there is anything that makes you uncomfortable about what is presented.

Also, if I were a betting person, I would be fairly certain that his speech will make it to Youtube or something of that nature.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

A friend called his kids school today......since it was moved to noon, they were not sure if they would air it, but if they did they could exclude your child....call the school!!

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

My kid's teacher seems like a nice lady...but I dare her to try and cram any of this crap down his throat...because he'll give her the what-for, if she does.

In fact...I triple-dog-dare her.

9. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Keep you kids home that day and read them the Constitution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.