1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Asking Too Much For Guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trpshtr2001, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I have been watching this for quite some time now. Did you ever notice the ads that read FS and WTS? If you want to sell it , price it like you want to sell it. There is a difference in FS, if you are willing to pay me this much for it. I just looked at a gun dkimbler placed WTS. By the time I seen it , it was sold. It was priced like he wanted to sell it. I have sold every gun I have listed on here and have never had a complaint.

2. 870aa

870aa TS Member

Drew I have the solution buy cheap guns!!!!!!!!!! LOL

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I find it very strange anyone would really care what price was put on a gun . It will sell or not and really that don,t mean the price was to high only no buyers . As for the Bowen Company they are still building new guns and if Mr. Bowen does sell his Business I don,t plan throwing my Bowen in the trash .

Truth is Drew is a buy low sell high kind of guy and that in it,s self is fine Some people don,t feel like giving there guns away .

DBbill is selling a very nice gun(Bowen) at a very good price and some people are in a waiting game . Some would like to buy this gun for pennys on the dollar and turn it around . My guess is a buyer like some would ask as much or more then Bill .

If I get to feeling like giving guns away I will let you know .

ALF

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I too have thought a lot of guns for sale here are questionable or overpriced.

With this said, there are a few on here that should have sold quickly, as they are priced under wholesale.

When a gun listed is obviously being misrepresented, then I don't have a problem with a savvy poster bringing it up.

Staying silent when a good person may get rooked is NOT the right thing to do. EVER.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Couple of things on selling: The seller can always lower the price and not raise it. Did you not take chemistry? Remember the word "titration"?

Always buy when you don't need to and sell when you don't want to. Gun traders have told me that.

BTW, I always think it is not best when something, anything, sells for too much or too little. The winner in any transaction is the one with a clear conscience. Therefore, there can always be two "winners"...

Also, and I strongly believe this still holds, desirable guns are traditionally overpriced. Trends come and go. I noted that the M-12 and M-31 pumpers hit rock bottom about 15 years ago. Now they have almost a "cultish" following around here. Same holds true (at least in So-Cal) for the P gun's TM1, TMX, and MX-3 Special. As Mike would say, "all good"...and I am offended that anybody, without knowing Mike, (I don't, btw) would question his integrity re. his career as an antiques and jewelry dealer. I doubt if he paid anybody 50cts on the dollar. Unethical, and bad business...a fast dime is always better than a slow dollar.

With that said, let us appreciate all we have and all we can be on this 4th of July. Sorry to be a bit preachy, but I guess I'm becomming a grumpier old man.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

things sell for what they sell for. 2 years ago BT99 where the rage of the season you couldnt find one locally for less than 800.00 used???today its the beretta auto's. guys where dumping their bts for 500.00 to get a beretta??? see the same thing happening with reloaders. you got 25+ year old reloaders selling for close to current retail???I say set your price, and wait and see. I have a price set when I am going to buy something. I will tell the seller what I want to pay and move on.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I think it is strange that Drew would start this post. I have never seen a gun, barrels, trigger or wood for sale that Drew is selling that is priced cheap.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you don't like the price, don't buy it ... Thats easy enough and what makes you think you know what other peoples guns are worth ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I bet you really get your undies in a bunch when you try to buy gas these days.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Let 'em ask however much they want...if they get out of line on the price...we're watching closely, and have no doubt - we'll fix 'em !!!

11. CRAWDAD

CRAWDAD TS Member

I truly hope im not asking to much for my gun! I hadnt given any thought to the ramifications i could be imposing on myself.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

There is a Silver Seitz for sale on this site now at a very good price . It has not sold because it,s getting hard to let go of the money . With four dollar gas and eight dollar shells a nice gun at a good price is not a must have .

13. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Mr Painter the price police? BRGII

14. larryjk

larryjk Member

Wyoming was sheep country and there is an old saying. " You can shear a ewe each spring, but you can only skin her once"

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Geezzz....... Who cares what somebody else charges or doesn't charge except the two people involved in the transaction? Cheap stuff moves because everybody weants a deal. Expensive items often sit because the buying pool of people is much smaller. Some guys can afford to wait and other guys either can't afford to wait or are willing to take a big hit and move on. One is not better then the other because they are two totally diffrent things.Jeff

16. 5spd

5spd TS Member

The way I see sales, no matter what the item may be is that if a buyer sees what he/she wants and thinks, or it is priced to high well heck...........make an offer!
    I have yet to pay an asking price off the web, I will make an offer and if they want to sell it to me then they will, if not then I pass it up or tell them if you dont sell it and want to then contact me back.
    I do believe that if one does post something for sale that the price needs to be included in said FS post.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's very simple....<br>
    <br>
    If guns are priced too high, they won't sell.<br>
    <br>
    If someone buys them, then obviously someone had no issues with the price.

18. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I figure what a buyer and a seller agree to is between them, but I see way too many cases where "experts" jump in with opinions about guns they've never seen. If they like a gun, no price is too high -- all the way up to wholesale value. If they don't, the price is even lower. Whenever anybody complains about this subject, the response is always "This is ts.com. Don't sell here if you don't understand that this is a tough crowd."

I bought an MX-2000 here a year or two ago from a poster at a price that I and several others thought was high, but I pursued it anyway. It had exceptional wood on it and I was happy to pay the guy's asking price once I saw the gun. When I sold the gun a year later, I got every penny back on a trade in after I had shot it for a year. I still miss that gun.

Point is, it doesn't take much to screw up a deal for somebody else by posting an "expert" comment about a gun you haven't seen from a seller you don't know. Posting a stupid comment about "sounds like around $x,xxx to me" is not helpful to anybody when you don't know what you're talking about, and it sure doesn't make you sound like an expert, even if you're a dealer. So unless you know the gun or see decent quality pictures, butt the hell out.

This ain't hypothetical.

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

On the other hand...if the seller keeps bumping his own post back up to the top day after day...and he's not changing the price...and nobody else is responding...

Well, if he refuses to "get" it, and insists on dangling the pinata in front of our noses again and again...don't be surprised if us "price cops" decide to hit it ;-)~

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Yea, but what if your the one interested in in what their selling but want a real world price?
    Joe Goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.