1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Asian Carp near Lake Michigan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yahoo news is reporting an Asian Carp was found 6 miles from Lake Michigan. These are the sobs that just take over everything. You have probably seen them on the news, they are the ones that jump out of the river when motoring along in a boat.

They ought to find the sob who brought that fish over to this country and slowly beat em to death on national tv. Same with the clowns whom have been turning their "pet snakes" loose in Florida.

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Next thing you know is the Asian carp will own all of the American Large Mouth Bass's debt??

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

4. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

While we are worried about the Asian carp invading the great lakes the illegal mexicans have been invading the united states for a lot more years..we can't stop the illegal mexicans so why should we be trying to stop the carp.The illegal invaders of the country have done more damage to the economy than any carp could posibilly do.The carp don't draw welfare and don't have anchor babies..And won't be elgible for social security benefits..Maybe we can give the carp amsety Check with the Demorats..MAYBE A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER WILL KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

5. philk

philk Member

Should make great sport, shooting them while their in the water. The fish that is...well........

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I have yet to try if for myself, but I have read that cutting up the fish for bait that jump in the boat are great for blues and flat heads. Even if you don't catfish, kill all of them that is possible, a terrible invasive species that will end up having a measurable economic impact!

7. TC

TC TS Member

Problem is, they are Carp. As I recall they are difficult to catch with hook and line, don't think they take bait.

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Yeah... But there's no limit on the number of carp you can kill and bury. Illegals.... different story.

JK

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Any fish can be caught with dynamite!

10. philk

philk Member

We are talking about the carp here... right?????

11. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

yea I think Popeyes is hoping they get in the lake so they can start offering a carp chicken combo bucket.

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try going up or down the Illinois. It's a bitch. Several of us were going to take a boat and put two shooters in the stern and shoot them on the fly. Too much boat traffic for safety and we couldn't find out if it was legal.

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

slic lee, I didn't know that about the government having a house full of snakes. I brought the line - hook, line, and sinker that the snake problem was caused by people turning their pet snakes loose in the Glades.

The damn carp problem was caused by bringing those fish in to eat the grass in the catfish ponds along the Mississippi. Then the big flood in the 90s spread the carp.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They're not invasive species. They're "undocumented fish".

15. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Obumble will appoint one of his communist @sshole buddies to be the invasive species czar. I can easily forsee lib dems authorizing snake head fish (aka fishzilla) being turned loose on the Asian carp. Snake heads are voracious preditors indiginous to Asia and Africa which have infested the Potomac River basin.

The rumor concerning constrictors eating kids and pets in Florida is nonsense. Feral constrictor snakes in and around the Everglades are getting fat eating Gambian pouched rats - another invasive species created by the exotic pet trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.