1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ASE GOLD TRIGGER REMOVAL?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAD 303, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Anyone know how to put an ASE Gold trigger back into a gun that was fired before the trigger was removed and then not recocked before the trigger removed. It looks like there is something i am not getting out of the way in order to re install the trigger group. It will not go in with the trigger fired or cocked and i can not seem to re cock the ejectors without the trigger installed. Any ideas?

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Cock the hammers. Return the opening lever back to the closed position. Push the safety forward until it clicks. Open the lever and put the trigger back into the hole. return the opening lever to closed and you have it locked in. make sure the selector is in the right position to catch.
    When you get out of order on this one, you start all over as in the beginning. ......merlyn.....

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have tried that with no luck. Just seems to be something in the way of the trigger group dropping in.

4. merlynstrapguns

try it with the hammers uncocked, the safety all the way back and the lever to center. then start with the safety up to the click, move the release to the right, and insert the triggers.......you have to do it in the right sequence or it just wont work period...........m

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have tried it with the barrels on and off as well as the ways you described with absolutly no luck. It does seem to start to go in with the hammers uncocked. They were uncocked when i removed them as they had been fired for storage with snap caps in the chambers. The front will drop in but the back will go nowhere like something is in the way. And thanks for your help.

6. merlynstrapguns

shouldn't make any difference, but the selector (top/bottom) has to be in the right place to accept the selector pin as well and that might be the hangup. ????

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Thanks again. I just got them back in place. This gun is a non selctor gun. They needed the barrel and foerearm on and i had to put pressure on the back of the trigger group as i barely opened the lever. These seem to be a pain in the arse to get in and out of the gun. Is it always that difficult? Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.