1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ASE Gold trigger question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mikepacific60, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hello to all

Can anybody give me a definitive answer to whether a DT10 trigger group will fit a late model ASE Gold? I’ve been told by some that they do fit properly and by others that they don’t (both triggers are the barrel selectable variety).
    Thanks, Mike

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Mike,

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I have a DT-10 with a second set of barrels that came off an ASE Gold. The ASE Gold is NOT the same as an ASE, and that is most likely why you are hearing different opinions on this one.

From my understanding there is no way to interchange the parts between an ASE and a DT-10, but it can be done between an ASE Gold and a DT-10 (I have the barrels that proves this).

I do not know if this is true for the trigger groups too, but if it can be done it should be 'drop in' or very close to it.

David D

3. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Thanks David - your comment about the ASE being different to the ASE Gold makes sense & explains the conflicting advice I've been getting. I'm expecting delivery of a used ASE Gold any day so I'll go ahead & try my spare DT10 triggers in it when it arrives - I don't think I can do any harm! Regards Mike

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

What is difference between the ASE 90 and the ASE Gold. I was always under the impression that they were the same gun with different plating on the frame. The ASE 90 did come with a second trigger group and by the time the ASE Gold came around they were only inluding spare trigger parts. This is the first time I have ever heard they were not the same in all other respects.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Mike,

I had a chance to hold my DT-10 side by side with an ASE Gold - the barrels and the wood can interchange... (these would have needed some fitting to do it - but it was VERY close).

From what I understand the ASE 90 came with really fancy barrels (German I think) and the ASE Gold comes with traditional Italian made ones (or something like this). Look carefully at the barrels of your ASE Gold to see where they were manufactured.

David

6. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

It won't fit! No way! No how! NOt even close. Been there tried that.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Grayson,

I understand your comment, but I think you might be mistaking the ASE 90 with the ASE Gold - apparently there IS a difference between these two guns, the later being the direct precursor to the DT-10, and hence the barrels inter-change - we physically tried it today and it worked.

8. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

HSLDS, You are correct. I did not pay close enough attention to the post. I noticed it right away but my other half was yelling for me to "come on". We were on our way to dinner. So I did not take time to post a correction.

I have no experience with an ASE Gold. What I posted applies only to an ASE 90.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Grayson,

No big deal - This has come up before - last time was a bit nasty. I had a chance to put the two guns side-by-side the other day and the answer appears to be that there is great equality between the DT-10 and ASE Gold (I cannot comment on the ASE 90 - never had one in my hands at the same time I had a DT-10 around).

A further question had to do with the trigger groups - we didn't try this one, so I don't have an answer for that, but the barrels certainly look like they can be swapped.

This all started when I responded to a question along these lines. I have a second set of trap barrels for my DT-10 which came off an ASE Gold - THAT opened a can of worms...

Hope the dinner was a good one,

David D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.