1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ASE Gold Trap-How much should I pay ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gamba Man, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Fellow in the UK is selling a Beretta ASE Gold Trap (standard version), with extra trigger group and fitted with chokes.Less than a case of shells have been fired and gun is in as new condition.
    Fellow is asking 4500 pounds, is this high for what he is asking ???

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

MODEL ASE 90 GOLD TRAP
    - 12 ga. only, 30 in. vent. barrels with VR, similar action and specifications to Model ASE 90 Pigeon, 8.2 lbs., cased with extra trigger group, multi-chokes became standard 1995. Mfg. 1992-99.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%

$4,250 $4,000 $3,750 $3,250 $2,750 $2,450 $2,250

Last MSR was $12,145.
    Add $1,000 for Trap Combo package.
    Subtract 10% if w/o choke tubes.
    Subtract $250 if w/o extra trigger assembly.

From the Blue Book (last year's printing)

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

4,500 pounds Stirling works out to just over $7,300 US. Bill Malcolm

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I wonder how different the gun market is across the pond? I still say the ASE guns are some of the most undervalued guns out there. The fit and finish is excellant. I'd like to own one some day!

ss

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Don't forget the UK VAT either - pushing 20% now...

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Gun prices (fair market value)are so low right now that it really depends on how bad the buyer really wants it. Guns with higher demand are a little easier to price right now. I would think guns that are not as popular, would require a little more time to sell or the price would have to be lowered for a quick sale. I can not believe how low the market is for Kolars right now. The bottom just fell out. It seems anything over $7000 is just not moving, or if it is, it would have sold for $2000 - $3000 more two years ago. Trap guns do not depreciate that much, if at all. Jon

7. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

This might sound like a stupid question but,...does the UK remove the VAT tax (I think 17%)if I purchase a gun from the UK ?

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Would you travel to the UK to buy it yourself, or have it shipped from a dealer there to one in the US??

I ask in that the process varies and can be easy or hard...

Look at it this way, if the gun leaves the UK there should be no VAT - but the UK doesn't really want to give your money back to you... They make it hard to get back the VAT - or service companies charge a large % to get your money for you.

I travel to the UK often for work. In the past if you wanted to buy something you would pay for it, and then use a CC for the VAT - on leaving the country you would get a document stamped, send it to the store and they would tear up the CC charge form.

Now the only way to do it is if the store is part of a national plan to refund your $$, but they charge a high % for the privilege of giving you back some of your money. As an FYI most gun shops are NOT part fo the VAT return plan.

9. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

I would have the dealer in the UK ship it. Recovering the VAT tax sounds difficult if not impossible.

I would like to find an ASE in the US but these guns seem much more readily available in the UK and Italy.

I know an ASE-L was sold here on this site a few months back for $8000, but it was a sporter model, I'm looking for the Trap version and would love to have it in the 'Lusso' version, I guess I will need patients.

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Gamba Man,

What dealer are you dealing with in the UK??

I have friends there who might be able to help you depending on where the gun is located.

As an observation guns cost quite a bit more in the UK than they do here - for the same thing.

11. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

John Proctor - Bookham Guns (Fetcham, Surrey)

Yes, I've been doing considerable surfing on the net and I've come to the conclusion that purchasing an ASE or ASE-L in the US would be more cost effective on my part,...just requires some patients. I'll keep my eys open here and for-go the guns abroad.

12. clutey

clutey TS Member

Guys, as far as I'm aware there isn't vat charged when you buy a used shotgun in the Uk.
    Clutey.....

13. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Sadly, the shops are now required to charge it even on used guns...

14. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If the ASE 90 does not work for what about a Beretta DT-10 combo. 32/34 barrels $7800.00 This is a show gun from Beretta. Photos available
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

15. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

I thank you for your offer, but I have this infinity for the ASE/ASE-L.
    I will look long/hard to find one,...I may consider a SO4 or a DT10-L down the road if things don't work out, but for the moment I'm fixed on the ASE...gosh...almost sound like an infactuation, but it's what I like.

16. bigk

bigk TS Member

www.premierguns.co.uk

ASE90GOLD TRAP 30 INS. 3695.

K

17. bigk

bigk TS Member

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/results.php?&Filter[NewType][]=Shotgun&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Over%20and%20Under&Filter[Calibre][]=12%20gauge&Filter[Make][]=Beretta&Filter[Model][]=ASE%2090%20Gold&Filter[Model][]=Ase%2090%20Gold%20Trap&Filter[Model][]=ASE%20Gold&Filter[Model][]=ASE%20L

K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.