1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ase 90 to dt10

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nelson27, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nelson27

nelson27 TS Member

has anyone shot both ase 90 and dt 10 trap? is the workmanship on the ase noticable? I am looking for dt10 combo unsingle but found a ase90 combo. wondering if it should be preferred? any problems common in either? thank you for any input. Joe

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It has been said that the ASE 90 was the best shotgun that Beretta ever made. I know that for the price used ASE90's sometimes bring that you couldn't come close to a gun of comprable worksmanship. I have shot the ASE90 but never the DT-10. If you are sure that you like the gun and will keep it as a shoiter I would reccomend the ASE90. If you are going to fall out of love quickly I would suggest the DT-10. There is a whole generation of trapshoters that has never even heard of the ASE90. That gun has not been made in a long time. Jeff

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

There were two versions of the ASE. The first was the silver sided ASE 90 and the later ASE Gold which had the greystone finish to the receiver. It's an all handfitted gun unlike the DT 10. Different barrels, chokes and steel along with the handfitting separate the two guns. Labor costs killed the ASE when Beretta could make the DT 10 as a production line gun. I don't think the trap models in the ASE were ever big sellers for some reason. As Jeff said, there are a whole lot of people who don't know anything about the ASE and don't appreciate what it is. That may make it difficult if you decide to part with it. It's a great gun and if the price is right its worth condisdering. I'd guess its been close to 10 years since Beretta dropped the gun in favor of the DT 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.