1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

As new of a K80 combo as you will ever find $6995

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

I am thinning the heard

As I checked into the history of this gun- appears that it could have been "won" in a divorce and thus held in this condition since its beginning

Metal is 99.8 percent and wood just a couple of small marks

If someone told me it was unfired I would believe them

Notice the position of the top lever and the condition of the nickle plating

30 inch O/U (IM/ F) and 32 inch factory choke tubes

Two different recoil pads fitted- original trap pad and thinner pad for winter or for sporting clays shooting

Wood has about as much figure as the guy selling a set on here for 2300- lol

$6995 and shipping (which will be to the nearest multiple of 7 dollars) to your FFL

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a K80 combo that could be new for this price

No trades- and this is the deal

regards from Iowa

Gene
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

When was the last time you went to an optometrist?

3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

notice the top lever is in the new position- that means with a barrel on it- the tip of the lever is half on the wood and half on the metal tang

btw the flash enhances some minor blemishes on the top tang- looking at it in your hand those are not visible- that lever has probably been moved less than 20 times

for those of you that have never seen a new one- notice the nickle finish- on the sides of the receiver- that is what it is supposed to look like- no shine

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

And the other barrel is ??

5. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

30 inch K80 O/U- IM/F

32 inch K80 Unsingle factory choke tubes

non ported and untouched

good questions

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Gene...does this have the Kgun Americase?...extra chokes/tools?

7. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

It has the tools- extra chokes and has an older aluminum Krieghoff case ( which actually I like better- they are lighter)

Good question

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. gold de

gold de TS Member

I agree with Hitapair..you must blind or think everyone else is. Whoever tried
    to disguise the receiver wear didn't do a very good job. You said that the gun
    could pass as unfired and that is BS. It would take tens of thousands of rounds
    to cause that much wear. Why don't you be nice and not sell this piece to a unknowing new shooter and sell it to one of your buddies.

Gene, you said that said the top lever has been moved less than 20 times. I must
    ask, WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Do you think we are all stupid?

This type of misinformation is why I and many others will not buy guns on-line
    anymore. Your betting that some novice will buy your "probably never fired K-80"
    and never know that it is well worn.

mike

9. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Hit a pair and Gold de -- are you two a couple? lol- going fishing together with some of your friends who are selling beat up K80s and parts?

Let me try to educate you because you either havent seen as new K80 or you or some friend of yours is trying to sell a beat up one ( I have seen two on here recently- one of the receivers has the nickle polished and the other receiver looked like that the nickle had been completely buffed off and we were looking at bare metal-- that one looked like it also had a K32 barrel on it)

Ok look at this picture- see that satin finish? notice btw that the hinge pin is still polished as it came from the factory and blue

this satin finish was / is the way they come from the factory-- there is some variance between the older and newer receivers

I have the gun- the barrels have only been assembled to the receiver a few times--- if you two are intersted- I will attempt to educated you on how you tell that also and how you determine if the barrels have been reblued-- not sure it would take but I would try

Bottom line if you are a person that would like to wear the gun in rather than the one to buy a worn gun-- this is the one for you-- look at the price and compare

PS- there was also another friend of yours attempting to sell a stock on here for like 3000 or something werent they? this wood has more figure throughout than his little bit in the butt area did-- plus it is the factory finish not some Eurpopean oil finish that he had someone eles do

Hit a pair and Gold de----Anything I can do ( except to sell you something- which will never happen in this lifetime) let me know and thanks for your interest

10. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

In the pictures there looks to be more wear around the firing pin holes (from primer contact) than I would expect from any gun as you describe it. I have guns with thousands of rounds fired that do not show this much wear in that area. A view to show would be the rubbing surfaces on the receiver and foriron. The rest of your pictures seem to show well although I consider the wood to be pretty plain. Good luck, Marc

11. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Ok Marc

I would agree the wood is pretty plain (does have as much or more grain however than that 3000 dollar stock advertised recently)

Now I have looked at the firing pin holes and I see no wear at all-- I do however see where the bushing fits in-- not sure what you are referring to

I am adding a magnified image of the mated surface of the forearm iron( as you suggested although you didnt suggest the magnified)-- notice how large the piece of lint looks here and it will give you an idea of detail

I see no wear at all on the surface- even at this magnification
    [​IMG]

12. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Gene...in the first post, pic 3 showing top lever to right, you can see a small section of barrel rib. It looks like a very broad rib, almost looks like a broadway rib. Some VERY early k-80's had this style.I have see a few and shot with a guy who owned one. Haven't see any for 10 yrs or more now.

Question is.....is this the broad rib barrel and if so do BOTH barrels have the same wide rib.

You photo led me to this, if I am wrong forgive me.

13. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

standard ramp and tapered rib- magnification just makes it look wide

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.