1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ART'S GUNSMITH

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PODO, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PODO

PODO TS Member

ART

Has anyone had work done by Art's? - The forend bracket broke on my Browning Broadway during a shoot last week - My local smith stated he would send it to Arts because I am not satisfied with the turn around time at Bow;ning - It took me a year and a half to get my gun back last time - (gun is a 1963 mod) - because the part comes in rough it needs fitting - Arts is either located in MO or Kan - just wondering what to expect - Thanks - TOM

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Has a very good reputation on Brownings

3. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Yes. He is good and usually quick.
    Joe

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's his link. Personally I've only had to have him do some silver nitride work on my Pluses, but it was all excellent. When I do need work, he'll get it.

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Had him work on my daughters xt for a broken stock. Had a few issues with the finer details such as removing the hardware from the forearm during finishing. Called and had a talk with him and he made it right. The finish looked great and couldn't tell where the split was if you had not known before.

All in all a good guy to work with.

6. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Good as any, better than most.........Roger

7. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

The best I ever used

8. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Art's replaced a broken top lever dog and rebuilt my BT-99. Am well satisfied with the work and the gun is as tight as a new one. I believe it took about 10 days including shipping...Bill

9. PODO

PODO TS Member

Thanks everyone - I'am at ease now - When Browning did my gun three years ago I was told only certain smiths were able to work on the older O/U's - I bet Art was one of them at the time - thanks again - TOM

10. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

He rebuilt and refinished my Browning Combo. Finest kind. Send it to him, you will not be sorry.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
arts gunsmith browning

arts gunsmithing