1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arrived at Silver Dollar..UPDATE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CNR, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNR

CNR TS Member

Thanks to everyone.

I switched from 50 amp to 30 amp and now it's working.

WHY?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I liked the GFI answer better. I've practically sold motorhomes before someone told me about that!

My newest mystery was the power to the TV-intended outlet. Sometimes it worked fine, other times not, and then it would apparently fix itself. I finally decided it's got something to do with the ignition switch, whether intentionally or not. Turn on the key = turn off the TV. Boy, I'd like to see you guys track _that_ one down!

Neil

3. don q

don q TS Member

When it happened to me my wife said switch from 50 to 30 and see what happens, of course we thought what does she know. So we went to the store and bought a battery charger to keep the batteries up for the nite. The next morning I switched to 30 amp and guess what, everything worked ok. I heard about that for a while and deserved every minute of it. Now I check current on both legs before plugging in. don q

4. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Neil, try taking the outlet out and tighting all the wires to the outlet.
    Some times with a lose wire and a load on the outlet it will lose contact.
    If thet dont work let me know and next time you are in buffalo I will check it out for you

Keith

5. Vickie

Vickie Member

Neil, Do you suppose it is because you are not supposed to be watching tv when you are driving the motorhome?

Vickie

6. Neil Winston

I'll do that, Keith, thanks. A big problem with these coaches is that the "blind hole" outlet system is such rotten design & quality that when you take one down it falls apart in your hands, with tiny u-shaped steel things dropping somewhere. When the Grand was in Vandalia you could always stop at Tom Raper RV and load up on all the junk that was likely to fall to pieces before next August, but now the ATA has made it so we can't even do that!

Neil

7. Neil Winston

Vickie, if all these people can "text" when they are driving, I can watch WWF, can't I?

Neil

8. Vickie

Vickie Member

Well Neil,tell the chassis builders. If it is the front TV intended plug in there is a relay switch from ignition to that plug. But you should known that already.

You are just screwing with us aren't you?

Vickie

9. Neil Winston

I guessed there must be something like that, Vickie, but it took me years to figure it out. A circuit like that could only have been designed by someone who has never driven across Nebraska.

Neil

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Why is it when I'm driving my motorhome and I need to get another beer and make another sardine sandwich my automatic pilot will only stay on for 30 seconds. Everybody knows that it takes a full minute to make a sandwich and crack open another beer. By the time I get back into the drivers seat the rig has slowed down to almost 35 MPH. It takes ANOTHER full minute to get it back up to 85 MPH where it likes to cruise.

zzzzzzzz goes the reel as the bait flys off into the sunset!!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. Vickie

Vickie Member

ha ha , Like I told David last year this time, IT's gonna be a long winter.

Vickie

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Newer motorhomes have a saftey circut that will not allow the tv to work when the ignition switch is on. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.