1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Arrival at SPARTA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Got in at dark last night after stopping at Sparta Wally World. Learned my lesson too, no street signs and it took me 30 mins to find my camp site. (North 40) Set up and ready to register and get classified. Temps. not bad so far today. If I need to pinch myself that I am really at the Grand American, all I really need to do is review the scores from yesterday in C and D Classes!Start shooting tomorrow.Looks like a full campground(s).

blade819

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

88 to 92 are the predicted highs threw the weekend. Oh the humanity.

3. Donm

Donm Active Member

Won't be there till Sunday. Don't tease about the weather. Sounds great.

4. blade819

They sure need better (any) street signs so poor smucks like me can find their camping spot at night.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It's 84 right now at Sparta in the hottest part of the day.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Weather was great today. Nice breeze and humidity wasn't near as bad. Met three people from TS.COM and shot with one. Funny thing he recognized my homemade shooting cart and came up and asked my name. We ended up on the same squad together simply by chance. Nothing better after shooting caps than a jalapeno brat from Butchers Block and a bowl of peach ice cream. Life is good. Blade, you should look me up if you choose.

7. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Blade----grntitan won't be hard to find, look for a big head, the dog

beat me by one bird. Good shootin Matt

Jim

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Blade that's why they had the A frames with the map and name and number. But hey you are here.

Don

9. blade819

BIGDON: when it's pitch ass dark, they could have had 4'x4' signs out and I wouldn't have seen it. I use to be able to find St. Joe in the dark, but here? grntitan: I'll look for your cart tomorrow,I think I've seen it already at the GA State. Am I correct?

blade819

10. Arkie

Arkie Member

Will be there fri. evening with all the bells and shells ready to shoot. There is six in our group will be at camp site 3002 should have some cold beer in the cooler. See ya there. Rick

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Blade--That would have been me in GA. I'm shooting on Bank 12 squad 39 which is 2nd flight out oin singles tomorrow. Thats all i'm doing tomorrow. I'm gonna send ya a PM.

Jim--Thanks. I tried to find you today and then when i was heading to the line i saw you down with Squatty and the guys. Look me up in the morn. I'll be there early as i'm supposed to meet FlaLagarto when he gets done setting traps. As for how i beat you by a bird, even a blind squirrel........LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.